Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
1200 East and West Road
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Four years of full-time experience in a trade under a skilled journey-level position, which would provide training that is equivalent to that given in an apprenticeship program. Apprentice training in a trade or training gained by the completion of technical courses in a trade at a school or institute may be substituted for the above experience on a year-for-year basis.
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
Mason/Plasterer is responsible for all masonry and plastering work including the planning and laying out of work and the completion of an assigned project throughout the District:
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Performs Journeyman level Mason and Plasterer duties.
• Lay out of work following design and specification documents.
• Working knowledge of the methods, materials, tools and equipment used in the mason trade.
• Lay out concrete flat work including but not limited to sidewalks, patios, and floors.
• Installs building footers and footers for deck supports using concrete and concrete block.
• Ability to properly mix and apply mortars.
• Removes, applies and repair ceramic tile and other similar solid materials to floors, walls and ceilings. Including preparation of base, spreading adhesive, cutting and applying material and final grouting and sealing.
• Pours concrete and supervise others to desired thickness and finish surface to desired smoothness.
• May prepare floors with concrete bases and assuring elevation are proper.
• Applies plaster and other troweled materials to walls, ceilings and floors and finish to smooth condition.
• Ability to estimate quantity of materials needed to perform work.
• Ability to select and use proper tools in performing the trade.
• Provides material estimates in order to perform task.
• Will be required to train and supervise others.
• Will be required to read and interpret plans, codes, diagrams, architectural blueprints and specifications.
• Be able to work off ladders and scaffolds in performing their job.
• Supervise and provide guidance to others in performing the Mason and Plasterer trade.
• Must be able to work independently as well as with others in the assigned team.
• Requires daily travel within the district.
• May require some travel within NY State to assist other districts with special projects.
• Working knowledge of safety standards and procedures.
• Ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions.
• Candidate will be trained in the operation and maintenance procedures as related to Asbestos Containing Materials.
• Basic computer skills preferred
• Valid NYS driver’s License
Additional Comments Please note:
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility. Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER.
• Work schedule may vary based on operational need.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
1200 East and West Road