Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Candidates must possess a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university or one recognized by the New York State Education Department as following accepted educational practices AND have two years of experience in intelligence analysis or in conducting homeland security, counter terrorism or emergency preparedness analysis and assessment in a law enforcement, intelligence, homeland security, emergency management or response organization. A master’s degree may substitute for one year of the experience.
Duties Description • Critical Infrastructure related site visits to conduct risk assessments.
• Work with internal and external partners to gather and analyze data, information and intelligence from a variety of sources.
• Assist with the development of Critical Infrastructure related plans, reports and other materials.
• Develop potential for periodic weekends and extended work hours during emergencies.
• Maintain positive relationships with agency partners, including public and private sector entities.
• Provide homeland security insight to the Office of Counterterrorism’s projects and initiatives, as assigned.
• Work with sensitive information, requiring the ability to obtain a security clearance.
• Regular travel, unscheduled overtime and some evening, weekend and/or holiday work can be anticipated.
Additional Comments *Support of operations during times of emergency and disaster from State Emergency Operations Center (EOC), state field offices and/or local deployments may be required, which would result in a change and/or increase in working hours, locations and/or duties. Note: Due to the anticipated response to this announcement, your resume must clearly define how you meet the minimum qualifications outlined above or you will be disqualified from consideration of an interview.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
40th Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.