Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications One year of experience as a skilled tradesperson with appropriate experience which will vary based on the assigned responsibilities in the mechanical, electrical, building or other trades subsequent to the completion of an apprenticeship or equivalent training and experience.
Duties Description • Works under the direction of Plant Superintendent and/or Maintenance Supervisor 3 or 2.
• MS-1 supervises and provides technical direction to a maintenance crew consisting of skilled and semi-skilled tradesmen in the building, mechanical, and electrical trades performing building maintenance, repairs, construction, and installation activities in multi-county residential community properties.
• Reviews maintenance requests; visits the project site to confirm the scope of maintenance requested and determine information such as dimensions, materials, equipment, and labor required to complete the project.
• Coordinates project work flow in accordance with designed documents and scope of work.
• Enforces and schedules workforce as required per the preventive maintenance program.
• Works closely with the Business Office to develop maintenance contracts.
• Supervises maintenance staff in order to achieve effective coordination/scheduling of work performed, ensuring efficient use of labor and material.
• Based on observation of work performance, determines training needs, and develops related training programs.
• Implements and enforces safety procedures and standards for all maintenance operations.
• Inspects work performed by outside contractors to ensure work is completed in accordance with project plans and specifications.
• Performs maintenance on-call duties as assigned.
• Periodically prepares standardized written performance evaluations for subordinate employees.
• Inspects properties routinely and as assigned to determine maintenance needs based on findings.
• Assists in the preparation of annual operating budget based on workload, equipment replacement schedule, capital improvement projects, and operational needs.
• Supervises clerical activities such as standardized work order process, file management, reports, and correspondence.
• Utilizing a computerized work order system, ensuring efficiency through workforce management.
• Obtain NYS Uniform Building Code Certification within one year of appointment.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel programs and other related computerized programs.
• Working knowledge of the principles of supervision.
• Requires travel within the district. May require some travel within NY State to assist other districts with special projects
• Candidate will be trained in the operation and maintenance procedures as related to Asbestos Containing Materials.
• Working knowledge of applicable agency standards and of appropriate building and construction code regulations.
• Working knowledge of safety policies as they relate to the agency.
• Ability to train and supervise others.
• Ability to use tools, machines, equipment and the materials of the mechanical, electrical, and/or building trades.
• Ability to plan and schedule work, including determining staff, equipment, and supplies needed.
• Ability to read and interpret plans, diagrams, architectural blueprints and specifications.
• Valid NYS Driver’s License.
Additional Comments Please note:
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Central Office at (518) 402-7644 or Email at Affirmative.Action@opwdd.ny.gov to obtain information and RA forms.
• OPWDD participates in Federal Loan Forgiveness Programs. For more information go to: www.studentaid.ed.gov/publicservice.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingSubmit Response to Posting form, cover letter, and résumé by January 4, 2018, to:
Broome DDSOO Human Resources Office
249 Glenwood Road
Binghamton, NY 13905
Please reference the EOA #180104C in all correspondence.