Minimum Qualifications Interested candidates must currently be reachable on the Information Technology Specialist 2, SG-18 list, OR be eligible to transfer under Section 52.6 of the Civil Service Law.
Candidates must have one year permanent, competitive service in a qualifying title allocated to salary grade 16 or higher.
Duties Description • Performs audits and reviews of NYS agencies’ and authorities’ information systems and technology in accordance with applicable auditing standards;
• Analyzes and evaluates the adequacy, effectiveness, security, integrity and efficiency of NYS agencies’ and authorities’ information systems and technology;
• Analyzes and evaluates internal controls, performs external and internal vulnerability assessments of NYS agencies’ and authorities’ using appropriate security testing tools and techniques;
• Performs general and application controls audits of various computer systems throughout New York State, including operational practices and system development activities; researches laws, regulations, policies, procedures and systems documentation to achieve audit objectives;
• Provides support to other audit teams using advanced testing techniques to fulfill audit objectives;
• Provides support as needed with the administration and maintenance of the hardware and networking of the IT Security Facility, as well as supporting any testing assessment software used during audit engagements; and
• Assesses program risks to plan potential audits, works on special projects or audit research, and researches and tests new techniques, exploits and tools to be used during audits and testing those in the IT Security Facility.
Additional Comments Desired Competencies:
• Knowledge of computer networking, client-server programming, database management systems and information security.
• Experience in programming languages.
• Experience with user access, IDS/IPS, and technical writing
• Experience with software that provides web content security and vulnerability assessments.
• Experience with various operating systems such as Unix/Linus and Windows.
• Experience with active directory, IP protocols and security products.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
110 State Street, 12th Floor
Notes on ApplyingInterested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com no later than January 16, 2018. Please reference Item #3147 – GOER-MPM when responding.
When responding, please include the reference number and letters listed in this section. (The Vacancy ID # should not be included).