Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree or higher AND a valid NYS teaching certificate AND a valid NYS Teacher of the Deaf certificate.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Candidates with multiple certifications in Special Education, American Sign Language and/or English may be given priority.
Duties Description The NYS Education Department’s School for the Deaf is seeking candidates to fill an Instructor (Teacher of the Deaf/Hard of Hearing) position. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Provide direct instruction in the English/Language Arts content subjects;
• Provide direct instruction in American Sign Language;
• Provide academic intervention services to students deemed necessary by the Multi-Disciplinary Team;
• Assure that all Individualized Educational Programs (IEPs) for students are being followed and that all accommodations are being adhered to;
• Prepare students for the New York State Assessments in English/Language Arts and mathematics;
• Work with the Multi-disciplinary Team to develop, modify, and implement IEPs;
• Write age and ability-level goals;
• Ensure that all State and local assessments are administered;
• Contact parents and home districts with regards to progress and program needs;
• Communicate with content area teachers on academic and behavioral progress;
• Maintain all academic records, complete all necessary paperwork, and attend staff and committee meetings; and
• Attend educational and department meetings as required.
Additional Comments CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: This will be a permanent, 10-month position. Fingerprinting through the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Division of Criminal Justice Services, a background check with the Office of Children and Family Services and clearance from the Justice Center Staff Exclusion List is required for employment. Fees associated with this process are at the applicant’s expense. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Applicants should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. Verification of degree and/or transcripts will be required for all candidates at the time of interview. The work schedule for this position includes hours of Monday (7:45am - 3:30pm) and Tuesday through Friday (7:30am – 3:15pm).
*Leads to a maximum salary of $67,495-$86,057 with annual performance advances.
APPLICATION: Recruitment will continue until the position is filled. Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest to email@example.com (email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (Instructor TOTD - Rome) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
89 Washington Avenue Room 528 EB
Notes on ApplyingAPPLICATION: Recruitment will continue until the position is filled. Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org (email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (Instructor TOTD - Rome) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.