400 Patroon Creek Blvd.
Minimum Qualifications APPLICATION DUE DATE IS POSTED THRU 2020 SINCE THIS IS OPEN UNTIL FILLED
ATTENTION **: UPDATED APPLICATION PROCESS
The following two (2) applications are required. Please complete both applications entirely.
Application # 1 (NYS-APP): (Copy and paste into browser) https://www.cs.ny.gov/extdocs/pdf/nysapp.pdf
Application # 2 ( University at Albany Employment Application): (Copy and paste into browser) https://www.albany.edu/hr/assets/CS_Employment_Application.pdf
There is no written test and no test date is involved. The NYS-APP IS YOUR TEST. Do NOT send resumes. If you need more space, attach 8 1/2" x 11" inch sheets, following the same format used on the NYS-APP form. Your completed NYS-APP will be the only basis for rating your educational background, relevant certification(s) and experience. Failure to complete the NYS-APP may result in disqualification.
Please refer to the Civil Service Examination Announcement for additional information prior to submitting your NYS-APP and University at Albany Employment Application: (Copy and paste into browser) https://www.cs.ny.gov/examannouncements/announcements/oc-cr/decentralized/20-658.cfm
•Candidates must have a reachable score on the Medical Assistant list OR
•Be a current NYS employee and have a current permanent appointment with 1 year of service as a Medical Assistant, or in a title eligible to transfer to Medical Assistant OR
•Appointment as a Medical Assistant at UAlbany with less than 1 year of service (remainder of probationary period to be completed in new assignment) OR
•Be a former NYS employee eligible for reinstatement to the title of Medical Assistant
Duties Description Administrative Duties:
Plan and provide support for SHS patients in accordance with SHS policies and procedures within the NYS Medical Office Assistant scope of practice. Basic tasks include but are not limited to:
• Schedule patient appointments: Provide data collection with adherence to SHS appointment guidelines in the electronic scheduling package. Schedule, change and cancel appointments.
• Ensure a high level of professional business etiquette when communicating with patients and staff.
• Provide accurate information regarding routine insurance and billing questions specific to SHS.
• Update supervisor when issues arise that could negatively impact patient flow or result in an adverse event.
• Participate in process improvement opportunities and demonstrates commitment to patient and staff safety.
• Accurately register, enroll and process patient information using applicable software programs.
• Knowledge of public health laws related to secondary school mandatory immunizations and UAlbany SHS Tuberculosis requirements.
• Timely and accurate data entering of all medical records into the software program including: immunizations; positive/negative titer reports; negative PPD/QuantiFERON results; TB health questionnaire; and consent to be treated.
• Respond appropriately to ~ 50 phone calls per day and provide accurate information IAW with SHS policy with proper phone etiquette.
• Per polices, maintain expertise in answering and transferring phones; taking complete messages IAW polices especially for emergent calls.
Provide professional clinical support for ambulatory care patients in accordance with physician orders, federal, state and community standards of care, SHS policies and procedures within the NYS Medical Assistant scope of practice. Basic tasks include but are not limited to:
• Perform appropriate intake prior to provider visit with patient: collect patient data, vital signs, obtain laboratory testing per protocol, document results and prepare the patient for provider’s assessment and evaluation. Communicate critical information to the provider immediately. Document in the electronic medical record (EMR).
• Competence in performing various Medical Office Assistant duties.
• Adhere to community standards of care, Universal Precautions and infection control procedures. Capable of sterilizing instruments in the autoclave. Provide terminal disinfection of assigned rooms.
• Respond appropriately to medical or environmental emergencies.
• Provide telephone communication to patients in accordance with SHS standards and report emergency situations to a health care provider as soon as possible.
• Assist team members in patient care delivery, within Medical Assistant scope of practice, to ensure efficient patient flow.
• Ensure and maintain adequate PAR list of exam room supplies that have not expired.
Academic Year Hours: Mon. - Fri.: 9:00 AM 5:00 PM (Summers 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM)
Additional Comments May be filled from a mandatory reemployment list if one is in effect at the time of appointment. Federal law and regulations require notice to all prospective employees regarding crimes that have occurred on campus in the current three year period. Please refer to the following website for the complete Annual Security Report (“Clery Report”): http://police.albany.edu/ASR.shtml
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
UAB - 300