Office of Contract Administration
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Non-Competitive Appointment: Candidates must have six years of experience in the field of contract compliance, human rights, affirmative action, or minority, women-owned, or service-disabled veteran-owned business enterprise, including: planning, developing, implementing, and reviewing programs dealing with minority, women-owned, or service-disabled veteran-owned business enterprise, human rights, affirmative action, minority business program coordination, affirmative action compliance review, or labor relations directly relating to affirmative action; or experience in the development and administration of programs designed to facilitate minority community access to employment or business opportunities in the public or private sector. An associate’s degree in business, marketing, economics, or public administration may substitute for two years of experience. A bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, economics, public administration, or public policy may substitute for four years of the experience. A master’s degree in business, marketing, economics, public administration, or public policy may substitute for one year of experience.
Duties Description The New York State Education Department is seeking candidates for a Minority Business Specialist 1 position in the Office of Contract Administration. The incumbent of this position will oversee and manage the participation of minority and women-owned businesses in contracts from publicly-funded programs or projects. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Explain eligibility requirements to businesses, and assist them in the certification procedure and in obtaining contracts and subcontracts;
• Maintain a directory of certified minority and women-owned businesses regularly used by State agencies;
• Assist grantees and vendors in finding eligible minority and women-owned enterprises;
• Meet with program and contract staff to review reporting duties and address problems associated with gathering compliance data as well as generating reports;
• Assist in the development and dissemination of the agency’s minority and women-owned business enterprise informational memoranda, directives, and guides to agency staff and grantees;
• Assist in the review of new procurements and contracts prior to execution to set minority and women-owned business enterprise goals;
• Ensure use of the New York State Contract System by agency staff and grantees;
• Provide support and assistance to agency staff and grantees with the use of the system;
• Engage program areas and vendors to ensure their understanding of compliance system requirements;
• Review new or revised rules, regulations, and statutes to determine their impact on the agency’s minority and women-owned business enterprise program, and assist in developing and revising policies and procedures as needed;
• Monitor contractor’s and grantees’ minority and women-owned business enterprise utilization to ensure contractors meet the goals established in the contract;
• Review contractor and grantee budgets and related documentation to determine level of compliance prior to award; and
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional Comments CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: This will be a permanent, non-competitive appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointee’s negotiating unit. Applicants should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. Verification of work experience and/or degree will be required at the time of interview for all candidates.
*Leads to a maximum salary of $71,980 based on annual performance advances.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org (E-mail submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (CFO-367/00464) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
89 Washington Avenue, OHRM Room 528EB
Notes on ApplyingAPPLICATION DEADLINE: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest to email@example.com (E-mail submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (CFO-367/00464) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.