Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
44 Holland Avenue
Minimum Qualifications A bachelor’s degree in a human services field, hospital, healthcare, public, or business administration, or related field; and seven years of clinical, administrative, and/or supervisory experience in a mental health, public health, healthcare, and/or managed care setting, two years of which must have included managerial experience in at least one of the following areas:
• Policy development for a statewide mental health, public health, health care, and/or managed care program.
• Quality control, quality assurance, or quality improvement in a mental health, public health, health care, and/or managed care program.
• Program planning, design, implementation, or evaluation in a mental health, public health, health care, and/or managed care program.
• As a county director of mental health.
A master’s degree in a human services field; hospital, healthcare, public or business administration; or a related field may be substituted for two years of the general and one year of the specialized experience.
Duties Description The Office of Mental Health (OMH) is seeking a qualified candidate for the non-competitive, policy influencing position of Mental Health Program Manager 1, M-4, to function as the Deputy Director of the Managed Care Bureau within the Division of Community Program Management & Managed Care.
Under the general direction of the Associate Commissioner MH, the Mental Health Program Manager 1 oversees, manages and directs the operations and program activities of the Managed Care Bureau within the Division of Community Program Management & Managed Care. The Division of Managed Care is responsible for large scale system transformation as New York State migrates from a fee-for-service system to a person-centered service system focused on recovery. The Bureau is responsible for developing, implementing, & evaluating initiatives designed to transform New York State’s behavioral health service delivery system. Some travel within New York State is required.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Oversee the design and implementation of Medicaid managed care programs for individuals with behavioral health conditions;
• Review and interpret federal and state legislation and regulatory changes to assess implications for the OMH’s Managed Care programs. Direct, oversee and assist with the preparation of legislative and regulatory proposals, make recommendations to the Associate Commissioner and OMH executive staff;
• Direct, manage and oversee the development of policy and implementation plans. Interpret and provide feedback on policy to the Associate Commissioner and OMH executive staff. Assure policy consistency and compliance with federal and State laws and regulations across the varied managed care programs including both commercial managed care programs and government programs;
• Develop and make policy recommendations to the Associate Commissioner, senior agency staff and agency Executive management;
• Review and evaluate performance, accomplishments, and effectiveness of program operations, in order to advise programs and the Associate Commissioner effectively;
• Analyze and evaluate managed care operations (finance and program) to ensure quality, member access to services and provider viability;
• Assist and/or represent the Director when necessary in meetings and negotiations with federal authorities, the Governor’s office, NYS legislators, NYS control agencies such as the Division of the Budget and the Office of the State Comptroller, OMH executive level staff, managed care plans, provider organizations, advocacy groups and other constituents;
• Coordinate operations and activities with managers in other OMH Divisions/ Offices/Centers; provide feedback to Executive staff members concerning program issues;
• Assist the Associate Commissioner in the development of budget proposals designed to improve quality and reduce costs through managed care programs;
• Review and approve staffing requests within the Bureau and make recommendations to the Associate Commissioner;
• Oversee and manage work performed by contractors;
• Provide day to day direct and indirect supervision to Bureau of Managed Care staff. Coach employees and conduct performance evaluations to enhance and maximize productivity.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
44 Holland Avenue
Notes on ApplyingTo be considered for this position, interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word or PDF format to email@example.com. Please include the title of the position and Vacancy ID #62158 in the subject line of your email when applying.
You are advised that, should you accept a job offer with the Office of Mental Health, you may be required to be fingerprinted and pay a fingerprint fee.