Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications • Bachelors degree plus five years specialized experience*, two of which must have been at a supervisory level.
• *Experience in the administrative or creative side of a professional arts organization; OR
• Specific expertise in at least one area, such as performing arts administration or performance itself in a performing art; participatory experience in the arts, such as would be satisfied by a former professional dancer, curator, play director, or actor; or participatory experience in arts management such as would be satisfied by a former managing director, general manager, administrative assistant or business manager of a non-profit arts organization.
• Employees who have permanent status in the posted title and are interested in reassignment OR employees who meet the qualifications are encouraged to respond to this posting.
Duties Description The Arts Program Director provides leadership in their respective arts discipline. The Arts Program Director works on the development of their assigned discipline(s), monitors the trends and issues that affect all arts disciplines that have been determined priorities by the agency, and manages discipline specific grant programs and services.
Primary Responsibilities of Arts Program Director and Supervisor of Arts Program Associates Duties:
• Assist agency management in the development, implementation and revision of grant program policies and related initiatives which are informed by monitoring best practices, trends and activities in the non-profit arts, culture and heritage field.
• Oversee associates along with working closely with potential applicants, applicants and grantees to provide needed information, instruction and professional advice on the prequalification process, submission of applications and contracting.
• Working within the agency’s grants policies and budgets, oversee development of grant program guidelines and ensure consistent and effective implementation of grants program assignments.
• Conducts (and oversee associates’ work) on-going evaluation of grantee’s performance to insure adherence to contractual performance goals, including review of required narrative and fiscal reports, and when possible and upon approval, conducts site visits, attends activities and submits reports on such visits.
• Oversee associates’ work and expedites the maintenance of applicant files and support materials during all steps of application review and evaluation.
• Evaluate eligible applications based on criteria set by the agency. Also oversees associates’ evaluative tasks.
• Oversee all aspects of the implementation and management of the advisory panelist review process utilized in grant application evaluation.
• Develop and present grant program analysis, funding rationales, and make recommendations for Deputy Director for Programs, Council Committee and full Council review and approval.
• Communicate with applicants and grantees about Council grant decisions, funding rationales and panel comments. Also oversees’ associates’ contact with grantees/applicants.
• Oversee and implement regrant and technical assistance programs and projects, program specific development projects and agency initiatives with assistance from Associates and other staff.
• Organize and/or represent NYSCA and its interests (along with supervision of associates) at meetings, workshops, symposia, and professional conferences with applicants, grantees and other interested parties.
• Prepare reports, directories, and other information resources.
• Oversee the work of interns assigned to their work portfolios.
• Perform work at the direction of agency management on special projects and assignments.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.