Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications EDUCATION & REQUIREMENTS:
Education Level required: College Degree
Equivalent Experience required: 3+ years’ experience in community relations, legislative/constituent affairs and/or community organizing.
Knowledge required: Excellent writing and communication skills.
Other skills: Community relations, coalition-building, multi-tasking, good organization, attention to detail.
Preferred Requirements: Working knowledge of the Long Island City community. Fluency in Spanish a plus.
Duties Description BASIC FUNCTION: Manage community relations and outreach for Amazon LIC project.
• Manage relationships with Queens Community Boards 1 & 2, elected and appointed officials, community organizations and other stakeholders involved in the Amazon LIC project; build community and stakeholder support.
• Represent ESD at community events and meetings including but not limited to Community Advisory Committee and subcommittee meetings, Community Board meetings, public meetings and town halls, rallies and agency-sponsored forums.
• Help develop and implement community outreach strategy for Amazon LIC project.
• Coordinate with community outreach colleagues at NYCEDC, Amazon and other partner organizations.
• Monitor issues of concern and relevance to communities in the project area and assist in finding solutions.
• Prepare project briefings and talking points for senior management and keep interagency database of meetings and activities up to date for ESD.
• Encourage community participation in events, meetings and press conferences related to Amazon project.
• Evening and weekend work required.
• Perform other related assignments as required by ESD management.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.