Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications EDUCATION & REQUIREMENTS:
Education Level Required: Bachelor’s degree; preference for Master’s degree in Urban Planning, Public Administration, Business, Law or related field.
Equivalent Experience Required: 5+ years’ experience in urban development, preferably in New York City.
Knowledge/Experience Required: Demonstrated interest and experience in urban planning, economic development and real estate; strong written and oral communications and presentation skills; experience managing complex projects against tight timelines, working in teams and building consensus among divergent stakeholders; strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task effectively; ability to look at the big picture and identify insightful, creative solutions; ideal candidate is an energetic, proactive self-starter who is collaborative, strategic and exudes grace under pressure.
Duties Description BASIC FUNCTION: Reporting to the VP of Real Estate Development & Planning, the Director will manage and coordinate the planning, transactional development, community outreach and public approvals process for development of the proposed Amazon campus in Long Island City, Queens. The ideal candidate has a strong background in NYC and NYS land use and environmental regulatory processes and project management.
• Lead the planning and review of the project, including developing the general project plan and design guidelines in consultation with stakeholders and coordinate with ESD environmental staff on the SEQRA environmental review.
• Staff the Community Advisory Committee and project plan subcommittee, comprising public and private sector stakeholders, to move project forward and address challenges.
• Build and maintain relationships with elected officials, governmental and quasi-governmental entities, real estate and business groups, civic & community organizations, cultural and professional organizations, and advocacy groups.
• Develop project schedule and manage all involved parties to stay on track.
• Display strong understanding of urban planning, economic development and real estate development, preferably specific to NYS and NYC.
• Perform other related assignments as required by ESD management.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.