Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications EDUCATION & REQUIREMENTS:
Education Level required: Master’s degree in Urban Planning, Environmental Science, or equivalent.
Equivalent Experience required: Minimum 7+ years’ in planning/environmental analysis with strong background in real estate project management.
Knowledge required: Background in urban and regional planning, historic preservation, environmental analysis and review under CEQR, SEQRA and NEPA; managing contracts and working with consultants, governmental agencies, community groups.
Duties Description BASIC FUNCTION: Assist VP of Planning & Environmental Review in conducting and analyzing planning and environmental studies for ESD projects. Oversee planning & environmental review for ESD projects and ESD subsidiaries including SEQRA review, historic preservation consultation, and land use and planning analysis.
• Manage environmental, planning, historic preservation, urban design and aesthetic reviews for ESD real estate projects. Make recommendations relative to land use, planning and aesthetic considerations of projects, and in consultation with Supervisor, inform and help shape general project plans.
• Review and manage State environmental impact statements (EISs) and assessments.
• Prepare and present environmental section of ESD Board materials.
• Assist in coordination with state and municipal agencies, community groups and development teams.
• Provide guidance and advise ESD project team and development team on planning issues, historic preservation, contaminated site cleanup and environmental permit processes.
• Prepare RFPs and conduct consultant selection process for ESD lead agency assessments and EISs.
• Supervise consultant contracts for the preparation of Environmental Impact Statements and planning documents.
• Assist in preparation of agreements with sponsors and consultants.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.