Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
1 Chimney Point Drive
Minimum Qualifications Open to all qualified candidates:
Candidates must be reachable for appointment on the eligible list for the title;
Transfer Opportunity - Have one year of permanent service as a Nurse 1 and be eligible for lateral transfer; or in a comparable title and eligible for Section 70.1 or 70.4 transfers.
Open Competitive Opportunity – Nurse 1:
Candidates must have a license and current registration to practice nursing in New York State. To apply as an open competitive candidate, please complete the New York State Application (http://www.cs.ny.gov/extdocs/pdf/nysapp.pdf) and submit it with your other application materials.
Duties Description As Nurse 1, you will provide professional nursing services which include, but are not limited to, nursing interventions and their documentation, case finding, health teaching/counseling and provision of supportive and/or restorative care. You will also participate in staff training, prepare clinical and administrative reports, maintain infection control standards, and function as a member of a treatment team. You may also act as a charge nurse. You may provide supervision to subordinate professional, paraprofessional, and support staff in the performance of their patient/resident care duties and be responsible for maintaining inventory standards for medicine, controlled drugs, and narcotics.
1. If you fail to maintain your license and/or registration once you are appointed, action will be taken to remove you from the position.
2. In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
3. If appointed you may be required to become an enrolled Medicare provider; obtain and provide to your employer a National Provider Identifier (NPI) number issued by the National Plan and Provider Enumeration System (NPPES); and otherwise actively participate to the degree necessary to allow for your services to be billed through Medicare and Medicaid. If you are appointed and you lose the ability to bill through Medicare and Medicaid, you may be terminated from your employment.
Additional Comments Background Investigation Requirements:
Prospective appointees will be: 1) Checked against the Staff Exclusion List (SEL) maintained by the Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs. Prospective employees whose names appear on the SEL as having been found responsible for serious or repeated acts of abuse or neglect will be barred from appointment and may have their names removed from the eligible list(s) for the title(s) if applicable. 2) Investigated through a Criminal Background Check (CBC), which includes State and Federal Criminal History Record Checks. All convictions must be reported; conviction of a felony or misdemeanor, or any falsified or omitted information on the prospective appointee’s employment application, may bar appointment or result in removal after appointment. Each case will be determined on its own merits, consistent with the applicable provisions of State and federal laws, rules, and regulations. Prospective employees will be fingerprinted in order to obtain a record of their criminal history information, and may be required to pay any necessary fees. 3) Screened against the Statewide Central Register of Child Abuse and Maltreatment (SCR). Prospective employees will be required to pay any necessary fees. Additionally, prospective employees whose names are indicated on the SCR may be barred from appointment.
Now accepting graduate nurses *Graduate Nurses must have graduated from a nursing program, and must submit and pay the required fees for both:
• Application for Licensure
• Application for Limited Permit
Salary schedules for the Nurse 1 position are as follows:
Posted Salary reflects the sum of the statutory job rate ($58,028) and geographic differential ($12,000)
May be eligible for a shift differential.
Mandatory Overtime is an essential function of this position.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
1 Chimney Point Drive
Notes on ApplyingIndicate the Title and Location of the position you are applying for. Please complete the New York State Civil Service Application (NYS-APP), send an updated resume and submit it with your other application materials. Please submit your resume and application to the Human Resources email address noted above.