Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Minimum Qualifications
Bachelor's degree in Construction, Occupational Health and Safety or related field plus 5 years minimum of relevant experience that includes large scale construction projects. Certification in at least one of the following: CSP, CHST, CHI. OSHA 30 Construction. Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Bachelor’s degree in construction related field plus 10 years minimum of relevant experience that includes management of large scale construction projects and safety monitoring for large scale public or private construction projects; OSHA 40 Hour course; valid driver’s license.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills.
• Demonstrated analytical skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Proficiency in PC applications such as Outlook, Excel, Word and Access.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment.
Duties Description Primary Purpose
The Safety Manager develops, implements, and manages construction safety programs at DASNY and conducts site safety inspections of DASNY construction sites to minimize accidents and injuries. The Safety Manager prepares comprehensive reports for Senior Management, documenting observations and providing recommendations while exercising independent judgment and technical expertise.
• Conduct periodic and ongoing construction audits site visits to project sites to identify and evaluate physical conditions, safety practices, hazardous situations, and compliance with established safety standards.
• Complete detailed audit site visit reports that outline site conditions, safety practices, and compliance with safety standards.
• Identify issues and concerns, coordinate with applicable DASNY construction phase manager and implement immediate remediation on project sites, as necessary.
• Prepare the Site Safety Quarterly Report for Management.
• Develop and conduct Organizational Safety Training Programs.
• Research and implement new materials handling processes.
• Ensure compliance with all regulatory bodies and standards (OSHA, EPA, DOT, NYC DOB etc.)
• Track incident metrics, present findings and develop recommendations accordingly.
• Identify deficiencies or areas needing loss control or compliance attention and arrange for corrective measures.
• Participate in the development, implementation and maintenance of DASNY Safety related record keeping, reporting, systems and applications.
• Prepare training presentations and/or analyses for Executive management and DASNY staff.
• Manage, monitor and report on the performance of external safety consultants.
• Develop and monitor performance measures, goals and objectives.
• Ensure staff and contractor compliance with applicable laws, rules, regulations and procedures.
• Liaise with senior staff, external clients, contractors and various government entities with regard to safety related matters.
• Liaise with various CDASNY Construction Division Departments to discuss, research, and resolve a variety of issues relating to site safety, and identify improvement solutions.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
• May train and evaluate employees.
• Assist Management in the development of policies.
• Develop, document and implement procedures.
• Assess, develop and implement internal controls, and oversee the review and testing of same.
• Undertake special assignments as directed.
• Must maintain regular attendance in accordance with DASNY attendance and leave policies.
• Must adhere to the NYS Information Security Policy Standards established and issued by the Office of Cyber Security and Critical Infrastructure Coordination. (Standards can be found on the Intranet).
Additional Comments Supervision
Supervision of employees may be required.
Frequent travel is required using public transportation, DASNY vehicle, rental vehicle, or personal vehicle. This travel may include weekly travel and occasional extended overnight stays at public accommodations and related establishments. Overtime or extended work hours may be required.
Standard office environment, including the use of one or more of the following: PC, telephone, fax machine, printer, copier, scanner, electronic stapler/hole punch/date stamp, shredder.
DASNY is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to excellence and diversity.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.