Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications • At least six years of experience as a full-time business analyst with at least one year of supervisory experience.
• Experience supporting requirements analysis, design, testing, and implementation activities. Knowledge of, and experience with, development and Systems Development Lifecycle (SDLC) methods such as Waterfall, RUP, Agile, Scrum, etc.
The following degrees may substitute for the general experience as indicated:
• A Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, organizational behavior, or a related field, and four years of experience as a full-time business analyst with at least one year of supervisory experience;
• A Master’s degree in a related field may substitute as an additional year of experience.
• Preference for candidates with knowledge and experience of NYS and/or NYC government.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including exposure to MS Project and Visio.
• A strong customer orientation, with active listening skills and the ability to understand and define/document business needs comprehensively.
• Demonstrated knowledge of in-scope Health and Human Services programs.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact with diverse stakeholder groups, executives, managers, subject matter experts, technical staff, consultants/contractors and end users.
Duties Description The mission of the Integrated Eligibility System (IES) is to enhance the well-being of New Yorkers by transforming health and human service delivery through coordinated business practices, modernized technology, strategic partnerships. IES will provide eligibility, enrollment, case management, and payment functionality for Health and Human Service programs currently served by the Welfare Management System, Benefits Issuance Control System and other State systems. IES will build on the successful opening of the New York State of Health (NYSoH) by leveraging assets created for the health benefit exchange to modernize the eligibility system for health and human service programs.
Under the direction of the Lead Business Analyst and Business Change Lead, the Business Analyst – Organizational Change Management will work to capture current state business process, future state business processes and develop and execute a plan for the timely adoption of changes by end users at the state and local levels. They will be responsible for supporting projects and change initiatives to meet IES business, schedule and strategy objectives. This role will focus on the people side of change - including changes to job roles and responsibilities, business processes, and technology. The primary focus will be creating and implementing change management plans that minimize employee resistance and maximize employee engagement.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Direct organizational change management efforts and the delivery of business process re-engineering for IES;
• Identify potential people-related risks and develop a plan of action to resolve;
• Support organizational design and definition of roles and responsibilities;
• Conduct assessments measuring impact of changes to IES stakeholders;
• Lead efforts to update and execute communication plan addressing needs of end users, program directors, managers, and executives;
• Develop actionable and targeted change management plans – including coaching, training and resistance management;
• Build effective relationships with local and state authorities to ensure required processes and organizational changes are successfully implemented;
• Review vendor provided business transformation and organizational change management deliverables; and
• Other duties as assigned.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
PO Box 2062
Notes on ApplyingTo apply, please submit a resume and cover letter indicating that you are applying Integrated Eligibility System (IES) Project Coordinator (Business Analyst) – Change Management, Ref #80005. Please clearly indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position. Your Social Security number may be required to confirm your eligibility.