Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications • At least six years of experience as a full-time business analyst.
• At least one year of supervisory experience.
• Experience supporting requirements analysis, design, testing, and implementation activities. Knowledge of, and experience with, development and Systems Development Lifecycle (SDLC) methods such as Waterfall, RUP, Agile, Scrum, etc.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, organizational behavior, or related field.
• Preference for candidates with knowledge and experience of NYS and/or NYC government.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including exposure to MS Project and Visio.
• A strong customer orientation, with active listening skills and the ability to understand and define/document business needs comprehensively.
• Demonstrated knowledge of in-scope Health and Human Services programs.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact with diverse stakeholder groups, executives, managers, subject matter experts, technical staff, consultants/contractors and end users.
Duties Description The mission of the Integrated Eligibility System (IES) is to enhance the well-being of New Yorkers by transforming health and human service delivery through coordinated business practices, modernized technology, strategic partnerships. IES will provide eligibility, enrollment, case management, and payment functionality for Health and Human Service programs currently served by the Welfare Management System, Benefits Issuance Control System and other State systems. IES will build on the successful opening of the New York State of Health (NYSoH) by leveraging assets created for the health benefit exchange to modernize the eligibility system for health and human service programs.
Under the direction of the Integrated Eligibility System (IES) Functional Lead, the Project Assistant in the capacity of Business Analyst will be responsible for supporting the team in defining functional, non-functional and technical specifications to meet business needs for IES; creating, reviewing, and maintaining artifacts; and working across the Program teams to ensure organizational standards are met across the enterprise.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Liaise with stakeholders to define functional, non-functional and technical specifications and resolve issues before implementation;
• Work directly with and serve as the liaison between business units, technology teams, and support teams;
• Gather, synthesize, and document business requirements;
• Collect, document, map, and analyze business process and system dependencies;
• Review vendor developed deliverables (e.g., requirements traceability matrices, functional design documents) and provide feedback to approvers;
• Assist in quality assurance and support testing of new functionality.
• Other duties as assigned.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
PO Box 2062
Notes on ApplyingTo apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume indicating that you are applying for Integrated Eligibility System (IES) Project Assistant (Business Analyst), ref #18614/18615. Please clearly indicate how you qualify for this position.