Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Transfer Opportunities: Any current Nurse 1 or 2
Minimum Qualifications: For Nurse 1: Candidates must be licensed and currently registered to
practice nursing in New York State, possess a limited permit to
practice nursing in New York State, or be eligible to enter the
examination for such license. You must obtain your NYS license
within one year of the date of appointment or action will be taken to
remove you from the position.
For Nurse 2: Candidates must be licensed and currently registered to
practice nursing in New York State AND have one year of post-RN
licensure clinical nursing experience.
Duties Description PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As a Nurse 1 or 2 (all parenthetics) on an assigned shift, you will provide professional nursing services appropriate to individuals served by the program to which you are assigned. Services may include, but are not limited to, nursing interventions and their documentation, case finding, health teaching/counseling and provision of supportive and/or restorative care. You will also participate in staff training, prepare clinical and administrative reports, maintain infection control standards, and function as a member of a treatment team.
As a Nurse 2
In addition, you may provide supervision to subordinate professional, paraprofessional, and support staff in the performance of their patient/resident care duties and be responsible for maintaining inventory standards for medicine, controlled drugs, and narcotics.
Additional Comments Please note that starting salary for this title reflects the Geographic Pay Differential.
$57,722- $71,557 - Posted Hiring Salary includes the sum of the statutory hiring rate for PS&T Grade 16 ($50,722), and Geographic Differential ($7,000). Geographic Differential added to the job rate ($64,557) for the PS&T Grade 16.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Submit cover letter and résumé by January 24, 2019 to:
2445 State Route 30
Tupper Lake, NY 12986
Phone: (518) 359-4150
Fax: (518) 359-4161
Please reference the above EOA 19-08 in all correspondence.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Workforce and Talent Management Central Office at (518) 473-9689 or Email at email@example.com to obtain information and RA forms.
• Position may be eligible for Loan Forgiveness via the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program:
• For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.