Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications EDUCATION & REQUIREMENTS:
Education Level required: Bachelor’s degree with strong financial and economic development background.
Relevant experience required: 3-5 years business/institutional experience in economic development or related field.
Knowledge required: Project development and government relations, financial analysis, public policy, data analysis, effective writing and oral communication skills.
Duties Description BASIC FUNCTION: Originate and manage projects to assist with business retention, growth and start up in the Mid-Hudson Region.
• Assist in developing project analysis and review.
• Responsible for coordinating financial analysis of projects with ESD Finance team.
• Prepare various administrative documents, including project Origination paper work, reports, presentations, budget materials and other documents as needed.
• Monitor project compliance to ESD guidelines and regulations.
• Monitor, prepare, and analyze Consolidated Funding Applications submitted to the Regional Office.
• Maintain an understanding and participate in the Mid-Hudson Regional Economic Development Council’s work and project review.
• Maintain close contact with IDA’s, Chambers, municipalities, and other key economic development agents to coordinate with and assist them with client servicing and business outreach efforts.
• Establish and maintain contact with senior managers and executives of target industry companies operating in Mid-Hudson Region (assigned counties) to promote and facilitate their retention, expansions or diversification in NYS.
• Regional Office liaison to various organizations as assigned. This may include the local county Economic Development Corporations.
• Respond to unsolicited inquiries from small businesses, start-ups and ongoing concerns that come to the Regional Office, which require more information than can be provided by administrative staff.
Other projects as assigned by Regional Director.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.