Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Successful completion of a NYS two-year Mason and Plasterer Traineeship*; or NYS two-year masonry training program*; OR successful completion of any equivalent masonry two-year training* or apprenticeship program* OR four (4) years of full time experience in masonry under a skilled journey-level mason which would provide training equivalent to that given in an apprenticeship program. Apprenticeship training in masonry or training gained by completion of technical courses in masonry at a school, institute, or branch of the Armed Services may be substituted on a year-for-year basis.
*As part of the Traineeship or training program, candidates must successfully complete 288 hours of trade-specific classroom instruction, 45 hours of technical math, 45 hours of technical communications, and 15 hours of blueprint/schematic reading coursework with an average grade of C or better. Additionally, candidates must successfully complete 4,000 hours of on-the-job training.
Application Process - Candidates are required to provide specific, verifiable information about their qualifying experience with the Application for Posted Position (ADM 227). This information should be on the letterhead of the employer under whom the qualifying experience was gained and include names and titles of supervisors, duties performed during the training period and specific dates of employment and be signed by that employer.
• Candidates qualifying through the completion of appropriate course work should include a copy of their transcript or listing of course work completed.
• A copy of a trades union card is acceptable documentary proof of qualification.
• Candidates who do not submit appropriate documentary proof that they meet the minimum qualifications will not be considered for appointment.
Per Agreement between the Civil Service Employees Association, Inc. and the State of New York, Article 45 (c) the requirement to prove qualification shall rest with the employee.
Additional Comments Operating Needs:
• Possess and maintain a valid, unrestricted New York State motor vehicle operator’s license.
• Asbestos certification required within 90 days of appointment as well as compliance with all PESH/OSHA regulations.
• Able to work at heights using ladders, scaffolding, platform lifts, boom lifts etc.
• Able to operate a variety of forklifts (OSHA certification provided after appointment).
• Able to lift minimum of 80 lbs.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Position Title & Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.