Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications High School Diploma, or General Equivalency Degree (G.E.D.), with three years of administrative support experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above, as determined by the Corporation.
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills, with an ability to become familiar with corporate-specific programs and software
• High level verbal and written communications skills
• Detail-oriented, with strong organizational, planning, time management and problem solving skills
• Able to be discrete and maintain confidentiality
• Able to develop and maintain common office filing systems and processes and adhere to departmental routines, and lead the automation of information sharing and storage practices.
• Knowledge of current website accessibility standards and working knowledge of tools available to implement those standards is desirable.
• Experience with web conferencing software, specifically Cisco Webex knowledge, in setting up meetings and hosting events is desirable.
Duties Description Essential Job Functions
• Maintain project calendars, as well as other calendars used by the IT Unit to include divisional leave and meeting calendars.
• Prepare meeting agendas; attend meetings and take minutes, as needed; distribute meeting minutes to appropriate individuals.
• Compile, organize and process a variety of information, forms and paperwork, using established procedures.
• Receive calls, take messages, route correspondence, respond to emails, distribute materials and interface with clients.
• Create presentations for meetings, special events, and/or other related situations to include, creation, formatting, proofreading, and editing.
• Assist with the review, organization, and formatting of documents for the Corporation’s external and internal website. This includes ensuring that the content of the web pages are current and meet accessibility requirements.
• Work with other IT staff to develop and maintain IT asset tracking system.
• Track maintenance renewals for IT hardware, software, and services to ensure assets are covered under active maintenance support.
• Prepare purchase requests/orders for IT purchases, place orders, track the status of these requests/orders, and verify receipt of same.
• Manage outlook contact database for all IT contacts and maintain working group contact lists for various projects.
Additional Comments In compliance with Public Law 99-603, candidates selected for appointment must provide an original copy of documentation proving citizenship and/or legal right to work within three (3) days of effective date of appointment.
It is the policy of the State of New York and EFC to provide for and promote equal opportunity employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, religion, disability, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, veteran or military service member status, marital status, domestic violence victim status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or arrest and/or criminal conviction record unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification or other exception.
It is the policy of EFC to provide qualified persons with disabilities an equal opportunity to participate in and receive the benefits, services, programs and activities of EFC, and to provide such persons reasonable accommodations and reasonable modifications as are necessary, to enjoy such equal opportunity, including accommodations in the recruitment process. Further, it is the policy of EFC to provide reasonable accommodation for religious observers.
It is the policy of EFC to provide reasonable accommodation to ensure effective communication of information to individuals with disabilities. If you need an auxiliary aid or service to make this information available to you, please contact EFC’s Human Resources Office at (518) 486-9267.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.