Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Empire State Plaza
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
A Bachelor’s degree and seven years of experience in one or more of the following areas (or a closely related field), two years of which must be in a supervisory capacity:
• Diversity and Inclusion
• Equal Employment Opportunity and non-discrimination
• Human Resources
The ideal candidate will possess the following competencies:
• Cultural competency that encompasses all aspects of equal opportunity and non-discrimination as it relates to under-represented groups – including but not limited to LGBTI individuals, people and veterans with disabilities, and women.
• Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills.
• Ability to build strong interpersonal relationships at all levels of an organization.
• Expertise in using data in decision-making processes.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively analyze complex issues and problem solve
Duties Description Reporting to the Director of Diversity & Inclusion Management, the duties of the Manager of Diversity & Inclusion Management will include the following:
• Participating with the Director in the recommendation and formulation of Division policy and the day-to-day management of the Division.
• Overseeing multiple teams responsible for development and execution of policy related to diversity and inclusion and equal employment opportunity programs for agencies.
• Administering the development and implementation of diversity and inclusion plans for assigned State agencies, including the evaluation of agencies’ progress in meeting objectives, and recommending any corrective action.
• Supervising staff in conducting diversity and inclusion surveys and working with the Director in implementing the findings of these reviews.
• Managing the production of reports that analyze State workforce management trends.
• Providing expert advice to internal and external customers on diversity, inclusion and equal employment opportunity issues.
• Reviewing proposed legislation or programs related to merit system activities to assess their impact on diversity, inclusion and equal employment opportunities; and making appropriate recommendations.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.