Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Empire State Plaza
Minimum Qualifications QUALIFICATIONS:
• Four years of specialized experience* (including one year at the supervisory level); or
• Bachelor’s degree and three years of specialized experience* (including one year at the supervisory level); or
• Associates degree and two years of specialized experience* (including one year at the supervisory level).
*J.D. or master's degree may substitute for one year of specialized experience; Ph.D. may substitute for two years of specialized experience)
Duties Description The Diversity & Inclusion Specialist 2 will perform the full range of activities described below in addition to assisting in developing, analyzing, and monitoring diversity and inclusion, and equal opportunity initiatives.
• Organizing outreach and recruitment activities and publicizing employment opportunities to increase diversity and inclusion.
• Developing and conducting training for supervisors, managers, and employees to inform them about diversity and inclusion, and their role in nurturing a diverse and inclusive environment.
• Reviewing requests for religious accommodations and making determinations and/or recommending actions.
• Performing periodic review of disability/reasonable accommodation plans to ensure agency is adhering to its commitments; and reporting on agency disability/reasonable accommodation compliance in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
• Attending meetings with community groups, businesses, employee organizations, professional organizations, and others to explain and promote diversity and inclusion.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.