Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Empire State Plaza
Minimum Qualifications QUALIFICATIONS:
• Four years of specialized experience*; or
• Bachelor’s degree and two years of specialized experience*; or
• Associates degree and two years of specialized experience*.
*J.D. or master's degree may substitute for one year of specialized experience; Ph.D. may substitute for two years of specialized experience)
Duties Description The Diversity & Inclusion Specialists 1 will be responsible for the following:
• Participating in examination planning conferences to ensure that examinations and qualifications are not unduly restrictive and do not have adverse impact in attracting and retaining a diverse workforce.
• Collaborating with human resources and other agency staff to infuse sustainable diversity and inclusion best practices into key Human Resources processes such as recruitment, employee development, and succession planning.
• Assisting human resources staff in analyzing organizational structures, title series, and career options to determine and implement changes to improve career mobility for underrepresented groups.
• Ensuring agency compliance with the Americans with Disabilities and Reasonable Accommodations laws, including serving as the agency’s reasonable accommodation liaison and communicating with agencies and employees about reasonable accommodation policies and procedures.
• Gathering and compiling data and information and preparing State and federal reports.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.