Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Transfer Qualifications:
Currently a Sr. LPN 2 or Developmental Assistant 2 (SG 13) with current New York State LPN Licensure or one year permanent service as a Developmental Assistant 1 (SG 12) and current New York State LPN Licensure.
One year permanent service as an LPN, SG 10. Persons qualifying under the promotion qualifications will initially be appointed to the title Sr. LPN 1, SG 11. Advancement to Sr. LPN 2, SG 13, is currently mandatory after 1 year of satisfactory performance at the Sr. LPN 1 level.
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
First level supervisor; supervises and works with staff to motivate and attend to the personal daily living needs of the developmentally disabled individuals in their care.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Supervises and ensures smooth operation of the home including physical plant maintenance, all matters related to NPS (purchasing site supplies and housekeeping materials within budgetary guidelines), and working within established guidelines to maintain site staffing.
• In conjunction with other administrative level staff, provide observation, supervision, direction, and feedback to subordinate LPN and DA staff, including maintaining appropriate records of subordinate staff relating to time and attendance and performance.
• Contributes to the development of subordinate staff including staff training on an ongoing basis.
• In conjunction with other administrative staff, evaluates performance of subordinate staff and provides any needed follow up action.
• Insures that the individual’s records are accurate and up to date.
• Shares information freely with the Treatment Team Leader and unit RN as it relates to clinical/program issues.
• Provides necessary follow up as indicated at individual’s medical appointments.
• Participates in providing active treatment services as well as routine medical intervention.
• Keeps designated RN and supervisor up to date on all medically related issues for the individuals who reside at this residence.
• Work in conjunction with Day Hab administrators associated with the home to ensure mutual cooperation and support.
Additional Comments Simultaneous to this posting the Civil Service list for Sr. LPN may be canvassed. Management reserves the right to select either an eligible respondent to this posting or appoint from the Civil Service list.
The successful bidder to this posting is advised that it will be their responsibility to discuss, with their new supervisor, any previously approved time off. There is no guarantee the new unit will be able to honor previously approved time off.
Any questions regarding the duties of this position may be directed to Kristina Locicero, TTL at 315-425-5305.
Posted hiring salary includes the sum of the statutory hiring rate for CSEA SG 11 (40,324) and Geographic Pay Differential of $2,000. Geographic Pay Differential added to the job rate for CSEA SG 13 ($55,008).
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
187 Northern Concourse
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit a cover letter and resume by 1/28/2019 and include EOA # 19-7 on all correspondence to: Central NY DDSO, Human Resources, 187 Northern Concourse, N. Syracuse, NY 13212 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Workforce and Talent Management Central Office, phone: (518) 473-9689, and Email: email@example.com to obtain information and RA forms.
Public Service Loan Forgiveness: If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information regarding PSLF please visit StudentAid.gov/publicservice.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER.