Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Duties Description Duties will include, but are not limited to:
• Wash floors, corridors, stairs and stairwells, walls, partitions and windows from the inside or outside of buildings using mops, brushes, detergents, buffers, floor scrubbers, and other cleaning implements.
• Strip and wax floors; vacuum and shampoo carpets; and dust assigned areas using manual or mechanical equipment.
• Clean classrooms, offices, residential facilities and common areas and restock areas as needed.
• Replace light bulbs, dust or wash light fixtures and high places, such as ceilings, using ladders and scaffolds.
• Clean and polish furniture, metal fixtures and equipment.
• Remove hazardous articles on floors, furniture, and equipment and place them in designated receptacles or in appropriate places.
• Move furniture and equipment in connection with cleaning activities; set up desks, tables, chairs, podiums and related equipment as needed.
• Change curtains and drapes and hang pictures and other decorative objects.
• Empty trash, recyclables, and waste; restock carts and storage areas.
• Check inventory/supplies and equipment functioning, and notify supervisor of low supply levels, equipment malfunction, and building maintenance issues noted during cleaning.
• May be assigned to remove snow; clean sidewalks, yards and drives or other manual work as required in maintaining the building in a clean and proper manner.
NOTE: Support of operations during times of emergency and disaster from State Emergency Operations Center (EOC), state field offices and/or local deployments may be required, which would result in a change and/or increase in working hours, locations and/or duties.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Position Title & Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.