Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Transfer Qualifications: Any current Developmental Assistant 2
Any permanent employee eligible for a 70.1 transfer.
Promotional Opportunities: Anyone currently reachable on the Civil Service List.
Provisional Appointment: In the event that there is not a valid eligible list, candidates who meet the qualifications may be qualified for a provisional appointment:
Note: If you are appointed provisionally, you must take the next scheduled Civil Service examination for this title and your score must be reachable on the resulting eligible list before you can be permanently appointed. If you do not pass the examination or achieve a reachable score, you may not be retained.
Minimum Qualifications: At least 12 months of permanent competitive or 55-b/55-c service in any combination as a Developmental Assistant Trainee and Developmental Assistant 1; OR one year of permanent competitive or 55-b/55-c service as a Senior Licensed Practical Nurse
Duties Description PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Monitor and Complete Read & Sign and Face to Face in-services for staff as needed.
• Must become a trainer for CPR/First Aid or Promote.
• Maintain staff scheduling and monitor site FTE allocations.
• Correspond with families, advocates and service coordinators.
• Arrange and participate in inclusion activities and outings.
• Ability to make independent decisions.
• Maintain accounts for people who live in home.
• Check for maintenance repairs that need to be done and send work orders out via intranet.
• Maintain staff TIMES and use of accruals.
• Attend monthly meetings, ISP meetings, etc.
• Complete yearly evaluations.
• Schedule and participate in fire drills. Do fire evacuations in-service every 2 months. Do house safety checks monthly. Complete all fire P&P tracking forms.
• Expected to cover direct care when needed.
• Complete required staffing and payroll reports.
• Conduct monthly staff meetings.
• Report and process incidents per 624 regulation and minor event P & P.
• Completes staff assignment sheets.
• Implement Res. Hab. Plans and I POP’s.
• Complete and process transportation records and arrange vehicle repairs.
• Assist with developing and implementing site specific policies and procedures.
• Other Duties as needed.
Additional Comments APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Submit cover letter and résumé January 30, 2019 to:
2445 State Route 30
Tupper Lake, NY 12986
Phone: (518) 359-4150
Fax: (518) 359-4161
Please reference the above EOA # 19-11 in all correspondence.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Workforce and Talent Management Central Office at (518) 473-9689 or Email at email@example.com to obtain information and RA forms.
• Position may be eligible for Loan Forgiveness via the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program:
• For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.