Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
123 William Street, 23rd Floor
Minimum Qualifications • A graduate degree in business administration, public
administration, or a related field from an accredited college or a
bachelor’s degree with experience doing budget or financial
analysis, preferably in a government agency.
• A demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office (including
Excel and Word).
• Ability to be a self-motivator and to work independently, as well
as work effectively with others.
• Attention to detail as demonstrated by effective time-
management, good organizational skills and use of analytical
thinking to solve problems.
• Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
• Effective written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
Duties Description • Reviewing New York City’s expense budget and determining
whether risks are present.
• Preparing written analyses with tables and charts for publication
in NYSFCB reports.
• Establishing and maintaining databases for specified
• Perform ad-hoc internal reports and analysis when directed.
Additional Comments Salary to be determined commensurate with experience.
Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. The Financial Control Board is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to workplace diversity.
PLEASE NOTE: Unless otherwise specified in the “Notes on Applying” section, the “Application Due” date associated with this posting is not the last day applications can be submitted. Applications for this position will be accepted by the Financial Control Board on a rolling basis until a candidate is selected; recruitment for this position can be closed or suspended at any time.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
123 William St., 23rd Fl.
Notes on ApplyingMail Resume and Cover letter explaining why you are interested in monitoring New City's budget to: NYS Financial Control Board, Attn: Expenditures, 123 William Street, 23rd Floor, New York, NY 10038. Resumes and Cover Letters will ONLY be accepted by 1st class MAIL by way of the United States Postal Service. Resumes and Cover Letters delivered by EMAIL and/or any other method will be discarded.