Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
123 William St., 23rd Fl.
Minimum Qualifications Applicants must process the minimal following requirements:
• A master’s degree in a related field from an accredited college or a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college with related work experience.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and Word, is necessary.
• Strong analytic and quantitative skills to work with large data sets.
• Effective written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to be a self-motivator and work independently, as well as work effectively with others.
• Attention to detail as demonstrated by effective time-management, good organizational skills and use of analytical thinking to solve problems.
• Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
The ideal candidate will have the additional knowledge and experience in the following:
• Familiarity with budget and financial planning process in the public or private sectors.
• Work experience in a city or state government agency dealing with public finance, auditing or budgeting.
Duties Description New York State Financial Control Board, the state agency responsible for oversight of the New York City’s budget, seeks an analyst to monitor and report on the City’s capital program and financing activity.
Duties include but not limited to the following:
• Review New York City’s capital planning process and financing activity.
• Establish and maintain databases related to the City’s capital program and debt issuance.
• Prepare various analytical work such as spreadsheets, tables and charts.
• Create written memos, internal reports, and sections for reports issued to the public.
• Support any work necessary for the report publications during the financial plan review process such as fact checking and proofing.
Additional Comments Salary to be determined commensurate with experience.
Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. The Financial Control Board is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to workplace diversity.
PLEASE NOTE: Unless otherwise specified in the "Notes on Applying" section, the "Application Due" date associated with this posting is not the last day applications can be submitted. Applications for this position will be accepted by the Financial Control Board on a rolling basis until a candidate is selected; recruitment for this position can be closed or suspended at any time.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
123 William St., 23rd Fl.
Notes on ApplyingPlease mail your resume and cover letter explaining why your education and professional skill set will make you a qualified candidate for this position to: NYS Financial Control Board, Capital and Finance Unit, 123 William Street, 23rd Floor, New York, NY 10038. Resumes and Cover Letters will ONLY be accepted by 1st class MAIL by way of the United States Postal Service. Resumes and Cover Letters delivered by EMAIL and/or any other method will be discarded.