Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
123 William St., 23rd Fl.
Minimum Qualifications • Master’s degree preferred but will consider candidates with a bachelor’s degree with experience in economics and/or financial planning.
• Knowledge of local and national economies, and/or New York City’s budget cycle preferred.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and Word.
• Comfortable using and interpreting large data sets.
• Effective writing and interpersonal skills to explain complicated concepts to different audiences required.
• Ability to work independently and coordinate with others to meet deadlines for unit work products and quarterly staff reports required.
Duties Description A position with the New York State Financial Control Board in the Economic and Revenue Analysis Unit requires risk analyses to ensure that New York City does not end a fiscal year with an operating budget deficit of more than $100 million.
• Analyze New York City’s economic and revenue forecasts in the financial plan and subsequent modifications for risks in light of historical trends and new developments.
• Work with head of unit to produce written analyses along with tables and charts for the New York State Financial Control Board’s quarterly reports and internal unit reports.
• Update cash plans for individual taxes and other revenue sources along with economic indicators in the unit’s databases.
• Read federal, state, and local laws to ascertain how new legislation may impact New York City’s tax base and revenue forecast.
• Interact with other city and state agencies to gain information on relevant issues.
Additional Comments • Knowledge of public finance, statistics, and accounting a plus.
• Salary commensurate with experience.
Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. The Financial Control Board is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to workplace diversity.
PLEASE NOTE: Unless otherwise specified in the "Notes on Applying" section, the "Application Due" date associated with this posting is not the last day applications can be submitted. Applications for this position will be accepted by the Financial Control Board on a rolling basis until a candidate is selected; recruitment for this position can be closed or suspended at any time.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
123 William St., 23rd Fl.
Notes on ApplyingPlease send cover letter and resume to: NYS Financial Control Board, Attn: Economic and Revenue Analysis Unit, 123 William Street, 23rd Floor, New York, NY 10038. Resumes and Cover Letters will ONLY be accepted by 1st class MAIL by way of the United States Postal Service. Resumes and Cover Letters delivered by EMAIL and/or any other method will be discarded.