Office of Facilities and Business Services
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Non-Competitive Appointment: Candidates must have four years of offset printing equipment operating experience OR one year of permanent, non-competitive service as a Print Equipment Operator 2.
Duties Description The New York State Education Department’s Performance Improvement Management Services is seeking candidates for two Print Equipment Operator 3 positions in the Office of Facilities and Business Services. Under the direction of a Print Operations Supervisor, the incumbents of these positions will operate a variety of offset print equipment and certain types of digital equipment, and assist in a variety of journey level press, pre-press, and bindary work. Duties of these positions include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Operate all digital pre-press equipment and software, including all Heidelberg software and Objectif Lune software;
• Operate finishing equipment including a Muller Martini speed binder/saddle stitcher, Baum folders, an ITOH cutter, a large shrink-wrap and a Rollem numbering machine;
• Operate the king & Goss large-scale offset web presses and the Sakuri 4-color sheet-fed press;
• Operate the Ricoh IP5000 digital press;
• Operate a Rima counter stacker and Gammerler trimmer parts of a web press;
• Operate all copy machines in the production unit including the Konica Bizhub 2500, Ricoh C7200, and Xerox C-60, and maintain knowledge of their software programs;
• Keep track of and order supplies for all copiers and presses;
• Place services calls as the point of contact to address performance issues or production problems;
• Check and verify the correct positions of pages and legibility of print;
• Proofread and approve press sheets;
• Maintain a log of printed materials, and assist in computing the final cost of print jobs;
• Systematically check emails for new projects and additional developments in works in progress;
• Provide advice to stakeholders unfamiliar with the printing process as it relates to the production unit;
• Provide technical supervision to Print Equipment Operator 1s and Print Equipment Operator 2s;
• Assist the Test Distribution Unit with packaging and shipping Regents exams and various other exams; and
• Perform other duties as required.
Additional Comments CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: These will be contingent-permanent, non-competitive appointments. Promotions and transfers may change appointee’s negotiating unit. Applicants should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits.
*Leads to a maximum salary of $52,039 based on annual performance advances.
APPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by January 31, 2019 to email@example.com (email submissions preferred). You must include the Box number (PIMS-360) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
89 Washington Avenue, OHRM, Room 528 EB
Notes on ApplyingAPPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by January 31, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org (email submissions preferred). You must include the Box number (PIMS-360) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.