Office of Facilities and Business Services
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Non-Competitive Appointment: Candidates must have two years of experience in maintenance or mechanical work under the supervision of a skilled trades worker OR completion of an appropriate two-year technical school course.
Duties Description The New York State Education Department’s Performance Improvement Management Services is seeking candidates for a Maintenance Assistant position in the Office of Facilities and Business Services. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Assist in snow removal and salting, and use different types of machinery such as snow blowers;
• Install pipes and fixtures, including s sinks and toilets;
• Repair faucets, urinals, water fountains, and toilets, including repairing flushometers, stop valves, and drains;
• Research and prepare documents for materials needed to make repairs;
• Inspect plumbing systems to identify and replace worn parts;
• Assist contractors in moving around the building and helping to locate key infrastructure so they can complete their tasks;
• Repair doors, hardware, lock sets, cylinders and handles;
• Change light bulbs and ballasts throughout the building;
• Patch, prep and paint walls, floors, ceilings; and
• Maintain a safe work environment by following verbal and written instructions and using proper tools to complete assignments.
Additional Comments CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: This will be a permanent, non-competitive appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointee’s negotiating unit. Applicants should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits.
*Leads to a maximum salary of $44,311 based on annual performance advances.
APPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by January 31, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org (email submissions preferred). You must include the Box number (PIMS-367/01075) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
89 Washington Avenue, Room 528 EB, OHRM
Notes on ApplyingAPPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by January 31, 2019 to email@example.com (email submissions preferred). You must include the Box number (PIMS-367/01075) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.