Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Note: The purpose of this vacancy posting is to notify individuals about transfer opportunities. Candidates reachable on the Civil Service Eligible list(s) will be canvassed. However, you may also apply if you are eligible for appointment by one of the following qualifications:
In order to be appointed provisionally the candidate must meet the qualifications below. In addition, the appointed candidate would have to attain a reachable score on the next holding of the examination to be appointed permanently.
Either 1. five years of full-time qualifying experience.*
2. An Associate’s Degree in architecture, civil engineering, civil technology, construction, criminal investigation, criminal justice, criminal justice administration, criminology, economic crime management, engineering, forensic accounting, forensic psychology, forensic science, law enforcement, police science, police studies, or public justice; AND three years of full-time qualifying experience.*
3. A Bachelor’s or higher degree in architecture, civil engineering, civil technology, construction, criminal investigation, criminal justice, criminal justice administration, criminology, economic crime management, engineering, forensic accounting, forensic psychology, forensic science, law enforcement, police science, police studies, or public justice; AND one year of full-time qualifying experience.*
*Qualifying Experience: Experience in construction project management** and/or administration of one or more of the following specific area(s):
• comprehensive on-site construction project management.**
• labor and prevailing wage rate record-keeping, audit, and compliance;
• payroll administration for a construction business;
• human resources administration for a construction business;
• work site diversity compliance for contractors and subcontractors;
• regulatory construction-oriented MWBE compliance;
• labor relations/union contract administration;
• construction project accounting, budgeting, and estimating;
• technical project inspection, evaluation, and reporting;
• work site safety compliance/reporting and OSHA coordination.
**Construction project management is defined as performing ALL of the following specific duties for an employer:
• Directs construction activities and coordinates the efforts of project resources including but not limited to labor, equipment, materials, and subcontractors.
• Manages the day-to-day activities of the construction operation, documentation of activities on a daily basis, including compliance with project safety requirements and time and cost schedule.
• Communicates effectively with management, client, property manager and construction team.
• Confers with supervisory personnel, owners, contractors, and design professionals to discuss and resolve matters such as work procedures, complaints, and construction problems.
General Computer knowledge and familiarity with Microsoft Office applications.
Duties Description STANDARD DUTIES:
As an Investigative Officer 1 (Public Work Wage), under supervision of an Investigative Officer 2 (Public Work Wage), Grade 20 you would:
• enforce the provisions of Articles 8, 8A, and 9 of the New York State Labor Law which requires that the prevailing wage rate be paid to workers on public work construction project
• gather information used in setting the prevailing rates;
• inspect payroll records to determine compliance with the law;
• investigate to determine the proper classification of work;
• inspect jobs to ascertain if the proper rate has been paid;
• investigate allegations of underpayments, kickbacks, and falsified payrolls.
You would prepare and give testimony in Administrative Hearings and/or a Court of Law for criminal infractions of Articles 8, 8A, and 9.
These positions require travel which may involve occasional overnight stays to conduct field investigations.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Harriman State Campus, Building 12, Room 561
Notes on ApplyingTo be considered for this position, interested applicants should e-mail a cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word or PDF format to email@example.com. Please include the title, location and vacancy ID #63546 you are applying for in the subject line of your e-mail. Failure to do so may result in the delay of processing your application. In order to qualify you for the position, when you have current or prior New York State employment, you may be contacted by the NYSDOL Personnel Bureau for your social security number to confirm your employment history.