Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
44 Holland Avenue
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Candidates must be reachable for appointment on the current Civil Service Eligible List, Professional Careers Opportunity(PCO) or OPWDD’s Central Office Public Administration Traineeship Transition(PATT). Appointment will be made at the traineeship level.
Candidates must have permanent competitive status in the posted title and be eligible for lateral transfer; OR be eligible to transfer via Section 70.1, 70.4 or 52.6 of Civil Service Law. The transfer cannot be a second consecutive transfer resulting in an advancement of more than two salary grades.
This position is in a fast-paced office with multiple changing responsibilities. The successful candidate will be expected to work between the hours of 9 am – 5 pm; be comfortable working in a fast-paced office; have flexibility regarding their schedule, as needed; and have strong inter-personal skills, phone skills, organization skills, problem solving skills; have the ability to manage multiple priorities effectively; have strong attention to detail; and software skills including strong Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat Pro, and Access and a working knowledge of Excel, and SharePoint.
As a member of the OPWDD Commissioner’s Office, the selected candidate will act as an Executive Assistant for the Acting Commissioner. The candidate will provide additional support, as needed, to the Acting Executive Deputy Commissioner and the Acting Commissioner.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Mentoring and training (as needed) to other Central Office Executive Administrative Staff
• Professional written and oral communication on behalf of the Acting Commissioner and the Commissioner’s office with Executive Leadership, other state agencies, federal government staff, internal and external stakeholders and elected appointed officials
• Proofread all correspondence submitted for the Commissioner’s signature in accordance with established policy or instructions
• Daily evaluation of Acting Commissioner’s Calendar to eliminate and prioritize meetings and to coordinate and supply meeting materials for scheduled meetings
• Schedule and organize meetings, conference calls, video conferencing, and public speaking on behalf of Commissioner’s office. This function will coordinate with Executive Leadership, other state agencies, Federal government staff, and internal and external stakeholders. This process includes securing conference rooms and video conference capabilities, collection of and forwarding of needed meeting materials, and obtaining transportation and travel logistics
• Proofread, assemble, and coordinate documents and related materials for meetings and wide distribution
• Prepare as necessary travel vouchers, purchase requisitions, etc.
• Provide support for quarterly Advisory Committees
• Maintain/organize paper and computer based topic files, office materials, and confidential information
• Track employee absences and manage time sheets
• Perform other office duties as required
Additional Comments Please note:
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
• OPWDD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
44 Holland Avenue
Notes on ApplyingNOTE: Pending Division of Budget approval to fill
(Appointment may also be made at the Trainee 1 level and serve up to a two-year traineeship)
(Traineeship 1, NS equated to a Grade 13, $45,213 –$56,793)
Submit cover letter and résumé by January 31, 2019. Please reference the above EOA #2019-12 in all correspondence.