Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Minimum Qualifications
Associate's Degree plus five years experience as a DASNY Field Representative and two years supervisory experience or successful completion of designated supervisor training during probationary period or Associate's Degree plus twelve years relevant experience and two years supervisory experience or High School Diploma plus seven years experience as a DASNY Field Representative and two years supervisory experience or successful completion of designated supervisor training during probationary period or High School Diploma plus fifteen years relevant experience and two years supervisory experience.
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management, or a construction industry related field plus ten years experience as a DASNY Field Representative or Bachelor's Degree in construction industry related field plus fifteen years experience with public or private projects including construction inspection or supervision of major public construction projects. Minimum two years supervisory experience. Working knowledge and experience with construction systems (Primavera project management and scheduling applications preferred).
• Demonstrated construction field experience including sequencing and installation of work.
• Demonstrated ability to read and comprehend plans, specifications, addenda, bid materials, contracts and related construction documents.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills.
• Demonstrated analytical and conceptual skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment.
• Proficiency in PC applications such as Outlook, Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint.
• Ability to lead and/or participate in team endeavors.
• Demonstrated record of taking initiative.
• Demonstrated management skills.
• Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to prioritize.
• Strong interpersonal and diplomacy skills.
• Basic knowledge of management principles.
Duties Description Primary Purpose
The Senior Field Representative exercises independent judgment and makes high-level decisions while assisting the Project Manager or Senior Project Manager in all aspects of a construction project or projects and/or highly complex projects (projects having a high degree of variables including budget, schedule, number of contracts, management approach, delivery method, level of service, phasing, customer orientation, staffing, labor, location and site access, design and/or construction complexity, environmental issues and other non-traditional projects), including ensuring compliance with contract provisions, contract administration and monitoring, evaluating and making recommendations related to project budgets and schedules, and developing recovery plans related to quality, budget and schedule.
• Observes installation of the work by contractors on a daily basis ensuring compliance with construction documents.
• Coordinates the work of all trades.
• Read, Interpret and comprehend contract plans, specifications, addenda, bidding documents, contracts and other related materials and recommend approaches to resolving issues to the Project Manager.
• Review bid advertisements, prepare bid summaries, review bidder qualifications and recommend construction contract awards to Procurement.
• Schedules and supervises required testing and commissioning and monitors results.
• Conducts and/or attends job meetings, progress meetings and coordination meetings.
• Prepares notes and minutes of meetings and coordinates the associated follow-up.
• Utilize project data to prepare status reports and other specialized reports.
• Estimates costs and monitors the project budget.
• Reviews and monitors project schedule and reports observations and makes related recommendations to Project Manager.
• Reviews consultant and contractor progress payments.
• Prepares, evaluates and makes recommendations to Project Manager related to change order proposals.
• Evaluates claims and makes recommendations to Project Manager.
• Develops and maintains records for the project and/or program including: contract documents, files, logs, lists and other records, and utilizes DASNY’s project management/reporting systems for recording all project activities.
• Consult with code enforcement agencies regarding the interpretation and application of building codes and regulations.
• Assists in the development, documentation and implementation of procedures and internal controls.
• May provide service to multiple customer agencies over a specified geographic area.
• May supervise, train and evaluate a staff of Field Representatives and/or administrative staff serving a specific campus, facility, project or geographic area.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
• Train and evaluate employees.
• Develop, document and implement procedures.
• Assess, develop and implement internal controls, and oversee the review and testing of same.
• Assist Management in the development of policies.
• Undertake special assignments as directed.
• Must maintain regular attendance in accordance with DASNY attendance and leave policies.
• Must adhere to the NYS Information Security Policy Standards established and issued by the Office of Cyber Security and Critical Infrastructure Coordination. (Standards can be found on the Intranet).
Additional Comments Supervision
Supervision of employees may be required. Details to be provided at time of posting notice.
Weekly travel may be required, depending on assignment, using public transportation, DASNY vehicle, rental vehicle or personal vehicle. This travel may include overnight stays at public accommodations and related establishments. Requires exposure to weather and temperature extremes, loud noises, heights (climbing ladders, scaffolding, etc.) and work safety hazards (chemicals, fumes, etc.). Requires physical mobility (movement from place to place), strength, dexterity and coordination. Requires endurance, concentration (prolonged physical activity with limited opportunity to rest) and complex and time-pressured decision-making. Requires the ability to see, hear, smell, touch and distinguish colors. Must be available to occasionally work a modified work schedule or extended workday hours.
May be standard office environment or a construction site. Requires the use of one or more of the following: PC, telephone, fax machine, printer, copier, scanner, electronic stapler/hole punch/date stamp, shredder.
**Position rates additional $5,054 annual location differential**
DASNY is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to excellence and diversity.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.