Office of College and University Evaluation
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Reassignment: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Associate in Higher Education.
Eligible List Appointment: Candidates must be reachable on the Civil Service eligible list for Associate in Higher Education. If you are on the Civil Service eligible list for this title, you may receive a canvass letter. You must complete and return it as instructed on the letter.
Section 70.1 Transfer: Candidate must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Associate in Educational Planning and Evaluation OR as a Veterans Education Program Representative 3 AND have a master’s degree AND five years of professional academic administrative or professional educational experience in the United States in a college, university, post-secondary or higher education agency, a cultural institution with degree granting privileges, or professional association having oversight, regulatory, or coordinative responsibility for higher or professional education.
Section 70.4 Transfer: A candidate may be eligible for nomination for Section 70.4 transfer to Associate in Higher Education if they have standing on the Civil Service eligible list for this title and are currently a New York State employee in a title allocated at Grade 24 or higher.
Duties Description The New York State Education Department's (NYSED) Office of Education Policy (OEP) is seeking applicants for the position of Associate in Higher Education to work in the Office of College and University Evaluation (OCUE). OCUE monitors academic quality in all undergraduate and graduate programs, except those leading to professional licensure, throughout the more than 270 public, independent, and proprietary degree-granting institutions in New York State. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Evaluate proposals for the registration of credit-bearing programs from New York State institutions of higher education (IHEs);
• Monitor continued compliance with the Board of Regents standards for academic program registration;
• Participate in and lead site visits to NYS IHEs;
• Collect and analyze data on the performance of NYS IHEs;
• Provide guidance and technical assistance for NYS IHEs;
• Review and act on complaints made against NYS IHEs;
• Assist in the review of institutions that seek to establish a physical presence in NYS;
• Prepare materials and reports for consideration by Department senior management and the Board of Regents;
• Draft proposed regulations and policy documents; and
• Perform special assignments as directed by the Commissioner, Deputy Commissioner or Director of the Office of College and University Evaluation to meet needs for analysis, research and communications.
Additional Comments CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: This will be a permanent appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Applicants should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. Verification of degree will be required for all candidates at the time of interview.
*Leads to a salary of $105,681 based on annual performance advances.
APPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by February 8, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org (email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (OHE-635/66153) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
89 Washington Avenue, Room 528EB
Notes on ApplyingAPPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by February 8, 2019 to email@example.com (email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (OHE-635/66153) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.