Office of Educational Design and Technology
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Reassignment: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55 b/c service as an Associate in Instructional Services (Educational Technology Pre-K-12).
Provisional Appointment: For non-permanent provisional appointment, candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Assistant in Instructional Services (Educational Technology K-12) OR a master’s degree AND New York State permanent or professional certification in Educational Technology and/or as an Educational Technology Specialist AND four years of full-time classroom teaching experience in Educational Technology.
Duties Description The New York State Education Department’s Office of Education Policy is seeking candidates for an Associate in Instructional Services (Educational Technology Pre-K-12) position in its Office of Educational Design and Technology. This Office coordinates programs and initiatives that promote the effective integration of technology in educational environments statewide to improve teaching and learning. Duties of this position will include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Provide direction, expert guidance, technical assistance, in the area of educational technology to stakeholders, including school administrators, program supervisors, teaching staff, parents, and community and professional groups to improve instruction and learning through the use of technology;
• Evaluate programs against the Department's to-be-developed (Dec 2019) Digital Literacy learning standards, Regulations of the Commissioner of Education, Education Law, and requirements of the federal Department of Education and Department of Labor;
• Plan, create materials for, facilitate, and participate in workshops, seminars and conferences for school administrators, teaching staff, professional or occupational organizations in areas related to technology education;
• Coordinate and participate in the design, development and revision of resource guides and related materials to be used by teachers and administrators to facilitate the effective use of technology to enhance teaching and learning;
• Respond to written, telephone and e-mail requests for information, clarification and technical assistance concerning areas such as the use of technology education to enhance teaching and learning, Digital Literacy standards, grants related to technology education, federal and State Education Laws, and Regulations of the Commissioner of Education;
• Prepare written material for dissemination, including news releases, bulletins, newsletters and material for the Office of Educational Design and Technology;
• Prepare Requests for Proposals (RFPs) for State and federal local aid programs and major initiatives related to technology education;
• Review applications in response to Requests for Proposals (RFPs) to determine awards and prepare award letters;
• Monitor funded programs to assure that sub-recipients administer awards in compliance with laws, regulations and the provisions of grant agreements or contracts; and
• Supervise staff as assigned.
Additional Comments CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: This will be a permanent or non-permanent provisional appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Applicants should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. Verification of degree and experience will be required at the time of interview.
* Leads to a maximum salary of $105,681 based on annual performance advances.
APPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by February 28, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org (email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (P12-1868/65083) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
89 Washington Avenue, Room 528 EB
Notes on ApplyingAPPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by February 28, 2019 to email@example.com (email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (P12-1868/65083) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.