Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Candidates must be licensed and currently registered to practice nursing in New York State AND have one year of post-RN licensure clinical nursing experience.
Must be active and reachable on the Civil Service Eligible List for Nurse 2.
Duties Description Primary duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Providing nursing services to assigned caseload including assessments
• Development of plans of nursing services
• Monitoring, direct nursing services
• Staff medication certification/re-certifications
• Staff in-servicing
• Medication error tracking and remediation
• Medication audits
Caseload may be adjusted dependent upon management needs.
Additional Comments Please note, posted Hiring Salary includes the sum of the statutory hiring rate for PS&T Grade 16 ($50,722) and Geographic Pay Differential ($8,000). Geographic Pay Differential added to the job rate ($64,557) for the PS&T Grade 16.
• If you are employed by state government, you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer.
For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentaid.gov/publicservice.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Workforce and Talent Management Central Office at (518) 473-9689 or Email at firstname.lastname@example.org
to obtain information and RA forms.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
1200 East and West Road