Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Minimum Qualifications:
There are no educational or experience requirements. Successful candidates in the position must be able to effectively communicate with co-workers, supervisors and the campus community.
National Work Readiness Credential preferred. For more information about the National Work Readiness Credential or to find out how to receive the certification, please contact Ms. Terry Patterson, UB Educational Opportunity Center (EOC) at email@example.com or 716-645-1913.
Duties Description Position Summary:
As a 3rd shift Cleaner, you will perform a variety of routine manual work under supervision to prepare buildings and classrooms for day time operations.
Typical tasks assigned to this position include:
• Empty trash, recyclables and dispose of waste including medical waste, spoiled linens and hazardous articles on floors, furniture and equipment
• Clean, dust, and polish assigned areas including furniture, metal fixtures and equipment
• Clean floors including wash, strip and wax floors, corridors, stairs and stairwells, vacuum and shampoo carpets
• Clean and scrub walls, partitions, windows from the inside or outside of buildings and all areas of lavatories and locker rooms including cleaning blood spills and bodily fluids
• Change curtains and drapes, hang pictures and other decorative objects, replace light bulbs, dust or wash light fixtures and high places using ladders and scaffolds
• Move furniture and equipment in connection with cleaning activities, meeting set up, or special events
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages.
The University at Buffalo is SUNY’s most comprehensive public research university, and an outstanding place to work. UB amplifies ambition for faculty and staff by offering endless possibilities to achieve more. Here, people from all backgrounds and cultures challenge and inspire each other to discover, learn and succeed. Dedicated staff and engaged faculty collaborate to further knowledge and understanding, and develop tenacious graduates who are valued for their talents and their impact on global society. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Departmental Operating Needs:
This position may require you to work in a team so the candidate should have strong interpersonal and teamwork skills. The candidate must possess and have proven positive customer service skills; must also possess good listening skills and be able to understand and follow written and/or oral instructions. Since the activities of other employees depend upon the availability of the employee in this position, reliable attendance is a factor that will be considered when filling this vacancy.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.