Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Transfer: Currently a permanent Nurse 2
Candidates must be licensed and currently registered to practice nursing in New York State AND have one year of post-RN licensure clinical nursing experience.
Must currently be a permanent Nurse 1 with one year of post-licensure registered nurse clinical experience.
Must be active and reachable on the Civil Service Eligible List for Nurse 2.
Duties Description PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Direct nursing activities, including the preparation, evaluation and implementation of nursing care plans to insure quality patient care and the development of staff. Provide direct nursing care in the areas of health maintenance, nutrition, actives of daily living, and the treatment and prevention of illness.
• Act as health liaison with medical consultants.
• Coordinate and schedule medical follow-up, including completion of consultations.
• Provide first aid and emergency nursing care.
• Provide supervision to the LPN’s and the direct care staff on medical issues.
• Responsible for development and oversight of Nursing Plans of Service as assigned.
• Responsible to train staff at the IRA on these Nursing Plans of Service on an ongoing basis as needed.
• Monitor and order pharmaceutical supplies for each individual.
• Responsible for training staff in current nursing policy and procedures, individualized specific medical issues and treatments, medication administration (and recertification), and ensuring compliance through oversight and record reviews
• Meet documentation requirement i.e. obtaining & transcribing physicians’ orders, daily nursing note, semi-annual nursing summaries, health charts, medication regimen reviews and case review summaries.
• Attend team reviews and present information, as needed.
PROMOTIONAL OPPORTUNITIES: Anyone currently reachable on the Civil Service List.
PROVISIONAL APPOINTMENTS: If there is not a valid eligible list, candidates who meet the qualifications may be qualified for a provisional appointment:
Note: If you are appointed provisionally, you must take the next scheduled Civil Service examination for this title and your score must be reachable on the resulting eligible list before you can be permanently appointed. If you do not pass the examination or achieve a reachable score, you may not be retained.
Additional Comments Please note:
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• Position may be eligible for Loan Forgiveness via the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program:
• For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
620 Westfall Road
Notes on ApplyingPlease note that starting salary for this title reflects the geographic pay differential.
$57,722 - $71,557 - Posted Hiring Salary includes the sum of the statutory hiring rate for PS&T Grade 16 ($50,722), and Geographic Differential ($7,000). Geographic Differential added to the job rate ($64,557) for the PS&T Grade 16.
Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and can perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Central Office at (518) 402-7644 or Email at Affirmative.Action@opwdd.ny.gov to obtain information and RA forms.
Submit cover letter and résumé by April 30, 2020. Please reference the Nurse 2 title in all correspondence.