Hillside Complex Bldg. 80
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Candidates must be reachable for appointment on the current Civil Service eligible list for this title;
OR for Transfer Opportunity:
Candidates must have one year of permanent service as a Licensed Psychologist and be eligible for lateral transfer; OR be in a title deemed appropriate for transfer via Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law. In addition, candidates must be licensed and currently registered to practice psychology in New York State;
Licensed Psychologist is a continuous recruitment examination. Candidates who are not currently on the eligible list may apply for this position and if appointed, will receive a temporary appointment. To qualify, candidates must be licensed and currently registered to practice psychology in New York State. To apply for this examination, candidates must submit a completed NYS-APP form with their resume and cover letter. A NYS-APP form can be obtained by emailing NYS Department of Civil Service: email@example.com.
Duties Description PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As a Licensed Psychologist, you would supervise and/or provide professional psychological services. In addition to assessment and treatment, your duties may include:
• Clinical leadership.
• Program Management.
• Psychological services requiring expertise in neuropsychology, child and adolescent psychology, sex offense treatment.
• Forensic or court ordered assessment, treatment and expert testimony.
• Specialized assessment (functional, personality, risk, competency, vocational, education)
• Design and application of behavioral technology and other specialized psychological interventions.
• Crisis intervention.
• Peer review.
Additional Comments Please note:
• Posted hiring salary includes the sum of the statutory hiring rate for PS&T Grade 25 ($81,446) and Increased Hiring Salary ($10,348).
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• Position may be eligible for Loan Forgiveness via the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program:
• For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Hillside Complex Bldg. 80
Notes on ApplyingSubmit cover letter and résumé by April 30, 2020. Please reference the Licensed Psychologist title in all correspondence.
ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: Candidates appointed temporary must receive a score that is reachable on the resulting eligible list before they can be permanently appointed. Candidates who are found not qualified or who do not receive a reachable score may not be retained.
The New York State Education Department's Office of the Professions is responsible for licensure of psychologists in New York State. For information on licensure requirements and to obtain an application form, you may link to the Office of the Professions' website.