Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Transfer Qualifications: Any permanent Dietitian 1 or 2
Promotional Opportunities: Anyone currently reachable on the Civil Service List.
Provisional Appointment: In the event that there is not a valid eligible list, candidates who meet the minimum qualifications may be qualified for a provisional appointment:
Note: If you are appointed provisionally, you must take the next scheduled Civil Service examination for this title and your score must be reachable on the resulting eligible list before you can be permanently appointed. If you do not pass the examination or achieve a reachable score, you may not be retained.
Minimum Qualifications: On or before the date of filing your application, you must have:
Either 1: current registration with the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) as a Registered Dietitian (RD).
You must indicate your RD registration number on your application.
Or 2: your New York State Education Department (NYSED) certification in dietetics-nutrition
AND have completed a minimum of an additional 400 hours* of supervised dietetics practice under the supervision of a RD.
You must indicate your NYSED certification in dietetics-nutrition number on your application.
* If you are qualifying under #2, the additional 400 hours required is in addition to the 800 hours of supervised dietetics practice under the supervision of an RD required for NYSED certification. On your application you must provide the name of the institution where you obtained the additional hours; the name of your supervisor; and your supervisor's qualifications.
Duties Description PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Consult with physicians and other health professionals on nutritional needs of individuals served.
• Plan and supervise the preparation of special diets/plan menus and provide recipes.
• Provide training as needed, to staff and the people we serve.
• Observe mealtimes.
• Work as a team member of the therapeutic dining team and participate in meetings as scheduled.
• Completes annual, semi-annual, quarterly nutrition notes in the Electronic Health Record.
• Assist in monitoring food budgets.
• Make recommendations to the team in regards to nutritional recommendations.
• Teach Nutrition education classes.
• Other duties as assigned.
Additional Comments APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Submit cover letter and résumé by September 11, 2019 to:
2445 State Route 30
Tupper Lake, NY 12986
Phone: (518) 359-4150
Fax: (518) 359-4161
Please reference the above EOA # 19-102 in all correspondence.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Workforce and Talent Management Central Office at (518) 473-9689 or Email at email@example.com to obtain information and RA forms.
• Position may be eligible for Loan Forgiveness via the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program:
• For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.