Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
Direct nursing activities, including the preparation, evaluation and implementation of nursing care plans to insure quality patient care and the development of staff. Provide direct nursing care in the areas of health maintenance, nutrition, actives of daily living, and the treatment and prevention of illness.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform Nursing assessments.
• Development of detailed nursing care plans.
• Participation in the ITT process.
• In-service training of staff
• Administration and supervision of effective infection control procedures.
• Direct provision of a wide range of nursing interventions.
• Effective nursing skills including ability to accurately administer medications and strong health assessment skills.
• Ability to respond effectively to medical emergencies.
• Ability to formulate and implement plans for health teaching/counseling of consumers and training of staff.
Additional Comments Simultaneous to this posting the Civil Service list for Nurse 1 or 2 may be canvassed. Management reserves the right to select either an eligible respondent to this posting or appoint from the Civil Service list.
The successful bidder to this posting is advised that it will be their responsibility to discuss, with their new supervisor, any previously approved time off. There is no guarantee the new unit will be able to honor previously approved time off.
Any questions regarding the duties of this position may be directed to Diana Arnold, NPC at 315-425-5397.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
187 Northern Concourse
Notes on Applying*Nurse 1: $52,455-$65,028 - Posted Hiring Salary includes the sum of the statutory hiring rate for Nurse 1 PS&T Grade 14 ($45,455) and Geographic Differential ($7,000). Geographic Differential added to the job rate ($58,028) for Nurse 1 PS&T Grade 14.
Nurse 2: $57,722-$71,557 - Posted Hiring Salary includes the sum of the statutory hiring rate for Nurse 2 PS&T Grade 16 ($50,722) and Geographic Differential ($7,000). Geographic Differential added to the job rate ($64,557) for Nurse 2 PS&T Grade 16.
Please submit a cover letter and resume by 6/25/2019 and include EOA # 19-128 on all correspondence to: Central NY DDSO, Human Resources, 187 Northern Concourse, N. Syracuse, NY 13212 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Workforce and Talent Management Central Office, phone: (518) 473-9689, and Email: email@example.com to obtain information and RA forms.
Public Service Loan Forgiveness: If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information regarding PSLF please visit StudentAid.gov/publicservice.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER