Minimum Qualifications Transfer Qualifications: Any Current Dentist 3
Anyone eligible for a 70.1 transfer.
Promotional Opportunities: Anyone currently reachable on the Civil Service list.
Provisional Appointment: In the event that there is not a valid eligible list, candidates who
meet the qualifications below may be qualified for a provisional
Minimum Qualifications: Possession of a license and current registration to practice dentistry in New York State and three years of full-time post licensure dentistry experience, one year of which must have been in a supervisory capacity in a dental health care setting
** Supervision limited to Dental Assistants and/or Dental Hygienists is considered non-qualifying supervisory experience.
Duties Description PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Reports directly to the Deputy Director 2.
• Supervision of subordinate staff.
• Function as general dentist practitioners and also administer institution dental programs. Administrative activities are characterized by responsibility for performing employee counseling’s, consulting on acute dental conditions.
• Coordinates dental services with other clinical specialists, training staff, preparing budget and ordering and maintaining dental equipment and supplies.
• Perform full range of professional dental tasks in connection with the diagnosis and treatment of dental diseases, injuries and malfunctions of teeth and gums as prescribed by agency policy and procedures.
• Examinations of patients, teeth and surrounding oral structures utilizing x-rays, mouth mirrors and other diagnostic procedures and instruments to determine pathological or irregular conditions.
• Performs restoration of simple and compound cavities with such materials as cement and amalgam. Administers local anesthetics via hypodermic syringes. Administers inhalation anesthetics such as nitrous oxide.
• Performs oral surgery commensurate with professional qualifications. Performs single and multiple extractions of teeth.
• Cleans teeth by scaling calculus. Treats teeth, mouth and gum infections with appropriate drugs or by surgery.
• Maintains written records of patients’ dental treatments.
• Determines need for dental and prosthetic appliances by studying patients to determine restoration needed. Takes mouth impressions and bite registrations for crowns, jackets, dentures and bridges, etc.
• Arrange in service training for dental staff.
• Development of policy and procedures relating to dental department and care.
Additional Comments APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Submit cover letter and résumé by December 31, 2019 to:
2445 State Route 30
Tupper Lake, NY 12986
Phone: (518) 359-4150
Fax: (518) 359-4161
Please reference the above EOA # 19-117 in all correspondence.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Workforce and Talent Management Central Office at (518) 473-9689 or Email at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain information and RA forms.
• Position may be eligible for Loan Forgiveness via the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program:
• For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.