Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Must currently be a permanent, full-time Licensed Practical Nurse;
Must be active and reachable on Civil Service eligible list for Licensed Practical Nurse and possess a license and registration to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse in New York State.
Valid unrestricted license to drive in New York State.
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
Licensed Practical Nurse provides nursing services to the Developmental Disabilities population residing in our group homes.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Monitor the health status of individuals, provide appropriate interventions, and ensure proper documentation.
• Administer medications and treatments.
• Order medications and medical supplies.
• Review and transcribe physician’s orders.
• Complete semi-annual nursing summary and attend reviews.
• File medical reports, ensure follow-up and tracking of medical appointments, and maintain medical record.
• Supervise and provide direct care services, including ADLs.
• Provide and coordinate in service training for Direct Support Assistant Trainees.
• Other duties as assigned.
Personal care of consumers residing in the home will be required.
CPR, First Aid, and Medication Certification will be required by release date.
Additional Comments Please reference the EOA #19-101R in all correspondence.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.