Minimum Qualifications Minimum Qualifications:
There are no minimum qualifications for this position.
• Experience interacting with a broad and diverse population
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office products including Word and Excel
Duties Description Position Summary:
The University at Buffalo is accepting applications in a continuous recruitment effort to fill current and future temporary Office Assistant 1 positions. Applicants are contacted on an as-needed basis to fill temporary positions ranging in duration from one week up to 89 days. Positions range in hours from part-time to full-time. Campus and department may vary depending on the assignment.
As a temporary Office Assistant 1, you will spend the majority of your work time performing a combination of clerical tasks which may include:
• Providing general office support
• Answering telephones and serving as a point of contact
• Scheduling meetings and maintaining calendars
• Performing basic calculations and data entry
• Carrying out inventory functions
• Assisting with record keeping
• Sorting and distributing mail
This is a great opportunity to gain on-campus experience and professional references. As a temporary employee, you can explore various departments and positions while getting a feel for what it’s like to work at The University at Buffalo. It is not a guarantee when you join the temporary pool that you will find a permanent position with the University.
If you are a current undergraduate student seeking employment opportunities, please contact Career Services to learn more. http://www.buffalo.edu/career.html
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.