Minimum Qualifications QUALIFICATIOINS:
Transfer Opportunities: Any permanent Senior Physical Therapist OR
Any person eligible for 70.1 transfer
Promotional Opportunities: Any person eligible for appointment from the civil service list
Provisional Appointment: In the event that there is not a valid eligible list, candidates who meet the qualifications below may be qualified for a provisional appointment.
Minimum Qualifications: Candidates must be licensed and currently registered to practice Physical Therapy in New York State AND have one year of post licensure physical therapy experience.
Duties Description PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Plans, carries out, and supervises physical therapy as a member of an interdisciplinary treatment team or as a clinical supervisor;
• Evaluates the physical and neurological status of patients and plans individual treatment programs;
• Plans and supervises the instruction of trainees; and reviews and inspects the work of subordinates;
• Performs and interprets results of tests and measurements of the patient’s condition for use in preparing the treatment plan, modifying treatment and evaluating results of treatment;
• Performs special tests to determine existence of neurological conditions or disease; carries out complex test procedures, determines kind and degree of muscular reactions to test, and interprets results of test;
• Personally plans and administers physical therapy for patients who have severe or acute physical disabilities, such as fractures, amputations, hemiplegia, peripheral nerve injuries, or other forms of paralysis.
• Other duties as assigned.
Additional Comments APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Submit cover letter and résumé by October 16, 2019 to:
2445 State Route 30
Tupper Lake, NY 12986
Phone: (518) 359-4150
Fax: (518) 359-4161
Please reference the above EOA # 19-127 in all correspondence.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Workforce and Talent Management Central Office at (518) 473-9689 or Email at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain information and RA forms.
• Position may be eligible for Loan Forgiveness via the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program:
• For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.