Minimum Qualifications Appointment method:
This is an appointment to a position in the Exempt jurisdictional class. As such, the incumbent of this position would serve at the pleasure of the appointing authority.
• High level executive support, scheduling and coordination experience.
• Highly organized and careful worker, self-motivated and capable of prioritizing and managing multiple, time sensitive tasks.
• High level of discretion handling confidential matters.
• Adaptable to the specific organizational needs of executives and able to make continual improvements to process and workflow.
• Ability to manage competing priorities while maintaining a high level of attention to detail.
• Word processing skills/abilities are a mandatory component of the assignment. Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, etc. is required.
• Lean Six Sigma experience is desirable.
Duties Description The Department of Financial Services (“Department”) is seeking candidates for the detail-oriented position of Director of Scheduling. The Director of Scheduling will function with a great degree of independence in providing complex scheduling support directly to one or more members of the senior executive staff. An ability to function in a fast-paced and results driven environment is critical. Discretion, tact, judgment and diplomacy skills are essential. As such, confidentiality and sensitivity to higher level, policy making activities is critical. Other duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Maintains extremely busy, frequently changing calendars of executives, including scheduling of meetings, calls, speaking engagements and conferences;
• Plans several weeks in advance to allocate sufficient time for research, briefing, preparation and travel;
• Manages ongoing communications with external stakeholders, ensuring prompt responses and scheduling and preparation of relevant meetings and communications;
• Coordinates with multiple Divisions of the Department to gather recommendations and analysis;
• Submits research requests and provides updates to ensure timely receipt of materials for executive meetings;
• Prepares daily briefings of new requests, ongoing matters, and other issues of concern to raise with executives;
• Works closely with executive assistants to ensure administrative needs of executives are met;
• Transmits directives to appropriate staff and follows up to ensure instructions are adhered to and deadlines are met; and
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Additional Comments Please note that positions located within the New York City metropolitan area, as well as Suffolk, Nassau, Rockland, and Westchester Counties, are also eligible to receive an additional $3,026 annual downstate adjustment.
Appointment to this position is pending Division of Budget approval to fill.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingTo Apply: Interested qualified candidates must submit a resume and letter of interest no later than September 30, 2019 to the email address listed below. Please include (Box DIRSCHED-00130) in the subject line of your email to ensure receipt of your application. Email submissions are preferred.
New York State Department of Financial Services
Office of Human Resources Management
One Commerce Plaza, Suite 301
Albany, NY 12257
Fax: (518) 402-5071
All candidates that apply may not be scheduled for an interview
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT: REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS
Under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Department of Financial Services is required to provide reasonable accommodation for known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability if an accommodation would enable the applicant to perform the essential functions of the job. If the accommodation would constitute an undue hardship on the operations of the agency, the agency is not required to provide it.