Please note: State agencies that contact job applicants do not usually request personal or financial information via text message or over the phone in connection with your response to a job posting. If you are contacted for such information by these methods, or any other method, please verify the identity of the individual before transmitting such information to that person.
Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Date Posted 07/25/19
AgencySUNY New Paltz
Occupational CategorySkilled Craft, Apprenticeship, Maintenance
Bargaining UnitOSU - Operational Services Unit (CSEA)
Salary RangeFrom $16.68 to $16.68 Hourly
Employment Type Part-Time
Part-time Percent 50%
Travel Percentage 100%
Hours Per Week 20
From 12 AM
To 11:30 PM
Flextime allowed? No
Mandatory overtime? No
Compressed workweek allowed? No
Telecommuting allowed? No
Street Address 1Hawk Drive
City New Paltz
Minimum Qualifications • Possession of a valid Class B New York State Driver’s License.
• CDL Passenger Endorsement including Airbrake Endorsement.
Duties Description Bus Drivers regularly drive full-sized passenger buses on state facility grounds or over the road. Incumbents may post manifests and other records of goods and people transported in order to document safe delivery. They are responsible for the welfare and safety of their bus and passengers while on duty.
• Please refer to the job standard for more details:
Additional Comments • Working knowledge of the Vehicle and Traffic Law as it applies to the safe and legal operation of vehicles operated.
• Working knowledge of simple automotive repair and maintenance procedures.
• Working knowledge of routes to specific locations normally visited.
• Ability to plan routes to specific locations and to properly estimate time required to reach locations.
• Ability to operate assigned vehicles safely and effectively under various road conditions.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.