1040 Main St
Minimum Qualifications Open to all qualified candidates:
Candidates must be reachable for appointment from the eligible list for this title;
Candidates must be qualified employees of NYS and have one year of permanent competitive or §55 b/c service as a Licensed Practical Nurse; OR have one year of permanent competitive or §55 b/c service in a title approved for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law AND possess current licensure and registration as a Licensed Practical Nurse in NYS.
Open Competitive/Continuous Recruitment Opportunity:
Candidates must possess one of the following:
• a license and current registration to practice as a Licensed
Practical Nurse in New York State;
• a limited permit to practice as a Practical Nurse in New York
• an application on file for a limited permit to practice as a
Practical Nurse in New York State. (You must be appointed
immediately following graduation from an approved school of
practical nursing in New York State to qualify under this
*Note: If you are appointed with a limited permit or an application on file for a limited permit, you MUST obtain your license within ONE year of the date your limited permit was issued or steps will be taken to remove you from the position.
To apply as an open competitive candidate, please complete the New York State Application (http://www.cs.ny.gov/extdocs/pdf/nysapp.pdf) and submit it with your resume and other application materials.
Duties Description As a Licensed Practical Nurse under the supervision of a Registered Nurse, you would be involved in the treatment of patients/residents. Duties include but are not limited to:
• administering medications and injections;
• performing tube feedings;
• hanging IVs;
• collecting blood samples if certified for venipuncture;
• providing colostomy care;
• observing patients and reporting changes in their condition;
• taking and recording temperature, pulse, respiration and blood
• obtaining specimens for analysis and performing other medical
procedures as ordered by a physician
• preparing and applying simple dressings
• bathing and feeding patients/residents
• caring for patients/residents and their quarters by performing
such tasks as making beds, changing linen, lifting and moving
patients/residents and caring for their personal effects
Additional Comments Background Investigation Requirements:
Prospective appointees will be: 1) Checked against the Staff Exclusion List (SEL) maintained by the Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs. Prospective employees whose names appear on the SEL as having been found responsible for serious or repeated acts of abuse or neglect will be barred from appointment and may have their names removed from the eligible list(s) for the title(s) if applicable. 2) Investigated through a Criminal Background Check (CBC), which includes State and federal Criminal History Record Checks. All convictions must be reported; conviction of a felony or misdemeanor, or any falsified or omitted information on the prospective appointee’s employment application, may bar appointment or result in removal after appointment. Each case will be determined on its own merits, consistent with the applicable provisions of State and federal laws, rules, and regulations. Prospective employees will be fingerprinted in order to obtain a record of their criminal history information, and may be required to pay any necessary fees. 3) Screened against the Statewide Central Register of Child Abuse and Maltreatment (SCR). Prospective employees may be required to pay any necessary fees. Additionally, prospective employees whose names are indicated on the SCR may be barred from appointment.
Posted Salary Range includes the Hiring Rate ($38,875) and Job Rate ($47,709) plus a $3,026 Downstate Adjustment.
Generous benefit package includes:
• Paid vacation leave
• Paid personal leave
• Paid holidays
• Paid sick leave
• Tuition Aid
• Medical, Prescription, Dental and Vision care benefits
• Membership in the New York State and Local Employees'
Retirement System, and
• Various savings plan programs.
1. If you fail to maintain your license and/or registration once you are appointed, action will be taken to remove you from the position.
2. In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
3. If appointed you may be required to become an enrolled Medicare provider; obtain and provide to your employer a National Provider Identifier (NPI) number issued by the National Plan and Provider Enumeration System (NPPES); and otherwise actively participate to the degree necessary to allow for your services to be billed through Medicare and Medicaid. If you are appointed and you lose the ability to bill through Medicare and Medicaid, you may be terminated from your employment.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
140 Old Orangeburg Rd
Notes on ApplyingPlease indicate the Title, Vacancy ID # and Location of the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email or fax. Please complete the Office of Mental Health Employment Application (NYS -APP) and submit it along with your resume and other application materials via fax, or email the Human Resources email address noted above.