Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Education Level required: Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline. Advanced degree, including Master’s in business administration or public administration, may be used to offset experience requirement.
Experience required: 3+ years relevant experience required. Strong attention to detail.
Knowledge required: Excellent time management, communication and prioritization skills. Must have excellent computer skills and be proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Knowledge preferred: Advanced proficiency in Excel and ArcGIS; Background and/or understanding of broadband technologies and utility/infrastructure construction projects.
Duties Description *This is a 2-year position*
BASIC FUNCTION: Responsible for a variety of duties within ESD’s Broadband Program Office (BPO) in connection with the implementation, ongoing monitoring, and review of grant-supported broadband deployment projects across the State of New York. The successful respondent will work closely with the BPO Project Management team to ensure that construction of these projects proceeds on established schedules, that grant recipients adhere to the programmatic and contractual obligations, and that as-built projects conform to approved project plans.
• Manage implementation of large, diverse and complex broadband deployment projects across the State involving different private partners, technologies, and geographies that may overlap in schedule. Ensure projects remain on schedule and are completed as planned.
• Work closely with the BPO Project Management Team and its external technical advisors in review and validation of completed projects, to ensure that as-built projects are consistent with funding proposals and meet the requirements of the New NY Broadband Program, including resolution of review findings –
• Communicate with BPO grant recipients on behalf of reviewers and perform any necessary data collection.
• Collect, update, and track data on a variety of project progress indicators and metrics – e.g., construction data, mapping and Geographic Information System (GIS) files, budget and spending information, and data on utility pole/permit applications; perform data analyses and create/update internal reports –
• Strong attention to detail required; Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and ArcGIS preferred.
• Prepare administrative deliverables including project origination documents, board and inter/intra-agency review materials, contract and procurement forms, internal memoranda, presentation materials, meeting notes, offer letters, incentive proposals and grant disbursement agreements.
• Ensure project expectations are managed by communicating effectively and timely with BPO staff and other stakeholders. Coordinate and facilitate meetings with the project sponsor, relevant representatives and stakeholders to review project proposal, goals, and deliverables.
• Perform other ad-hoc responsibilities relating to implementation and oversight of BPO projects.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.